Gibson Brands Forums

G-400 Pro: Advice Needed

RL792

Hey all. I'm a new member to the forum, and also to Epiphone guitars. I bought a 2014 G-400 Pro on November 19, 2014 from Sweetwater. I love the tone and playability of the guitar. Unfortunately, the neck pickup wiring appears faulty. When I activate the coil tap function, the volume completely disappears. Is this a cheap fix? If so, I won't bother sending it back to Sweetwater, and instead, will just ask my local luthier to fix it when I take it in for a complete set up. Also, any advice on improving the tuning stability on this guitar would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have to offer.

RL

Hey all. I'm a new member to the forum, and also to Epiphone guitars. I bought a 2014 G-400 Pro on November 19, 2014 from Sweetwater. I love the tone and playability of the guitar. Unfortunately, the neck pickup wiring appears faulty. When I activate the coil tap function, the volume completely disappears. Is this a cheap fix? If so, I won't bother sending it back to Sweetwater, and instead, will just ask my local luthier to fix it when I take it in for a complete set up. Also, any advice on improving the tuning stability on this guitar would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have to offer.

RL

Call Sweetwater they are supposed to do the 55 point check so should in theory have caught this.......I have dealt with them in the past and they are honest but I have had guitars they "checked" and do not seem to have.......they were very honest and offered to stand behind the few lemons I have gotten from them but one I sold right away and the other too long to get into, I still own.

Or call Epiphone/Gibson number they should handle it under warranty.

I have used them in the past and very good about standing behind defective Gibson or Epiphones.

You will have to send them proof of purchase and take to a warranty center but no cost to you.

I like Epiphones and think a good value but no way am I paying out of my pocket for a defective guitar not at the price of a G400.

I have had brand new defective Gibson's too and not paying to have them fixed for factory defective stuff not at the price I paid for them either..it should have been right from the factory and at the QC sign off check.

Long answer sound like a faulty POT let them fix under warranty......as I said I have dealt with Gibson/Epiphone a number of times and they stand behind their product very happy with their customer service and standing behind stuff.......still a loyal happy customer.

Archived