Gibson Brands Forums

Song For A Winter's Night

MorrisrownSal

Thank Ye Nick.

Nah, I sold the J50 a few years back. I wish I kept it. It really was the perfect one guitar that did everything fairly well. On the wall in the video is my LG2 American Eagle. I put the pickguard on it after I bought it from forum member Rich G. It's a stellar guitar, and I have played many specimens in the model. My oldest son takes it over whenever he comes home from college. This Christmas he will take it for good.

Happy Holidays all! Did this on the iphone. Sounds kind of tinny but what the heck

What a great cover Sal! Well done!

I love this song! I was lucky enough to see Gord play this last month at the Jack Singer Concert Hall. I was about 20' away from him. I'm playing the song at a benefit concert this Sunday. I love the imagery in the lyrics. Lightfoot at his most brilliant.

22686D19-B198-4CC7-8632-C45B59B52DDF.jpg

I did a cover of it a couple years ago.

Song For a Winter's Night

(this is my Songwriter)

I'm working on another Lightfoot classic "Shadows". Just putting the finishing touches on the mix.

I love this song! I was lucky enough to see Gord play this last month at the Jack Singer Concert Hall. I was about 20' away from him. I'm playing the song at a benefit concert this Sunday. I love the imagery in the lyrics. Lightfoot at his most brilliant.

22686D19-B198-4CC7-8632-C45B59B52DDF.jpg

Doug, is that one of his old B-45 12's, or is it a modern version?

If one of the old ones, I saw him play that sucker back in 1969 or so. It certainly has the period Gibson 12-string headstock detail, which is exactly the same as the one on my 1968 ES 335-12:

ES335-12headstockfront.jpg

Sal- you think it sounds "tinny"? Maybe if you played it back through the iPhone it might. That was a really nice recording, and song selection. The right song at the right time, and all that.

These little devices are so much better than nothing at all, it's a wonder that more people don't post more things like this; spur of the moment/ "what the heck".

Thanks for sharing.

Archived