Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson L 130

SeanD

Imho, all the examples I've played from this series were a bit thin sounding.

There are probably some very good ones out there, but best to try before you buy

Found my L-130 a few years ago and did some changes....bone nut filed for 13/56, bone colossi saddle, dressed the frets for light touch, new Gotoh tuners, and a general clean up. After many acoustics passing thru my way, it remains...and is by far the finest sounding and playing gem I own. Bubinga(b/s) with this Sitka top and a deep-body produce the Gibson growl AND the softest sweet sound out there. The one thing that took a while too get used to was the weight of this little jumbo....a bit more than most 00 sized acoustics. Oh yeah...it has the FINEST neck of any acoustic I own![thumbup]

Found my L-130 a few years ago and did some changes....bone nut filed for 13/56, bone colossi saddle, dressed the frets for light touch, new Gotoh tuners, and a general clean up. After many acoustics passing thru my way, it remains...and is by far the finest sounding and playing gem I own. Bubinga(b/s) with this Sitka top and a deep-body produce the Gibson growl AND the softest sweet sound out there. The one thing that took a while too get used to was the weight of this little jumbo....a bit more than most 00 sized acoustics. Oh yeah...it has the FINEST neck of any acoustic I own![thumbup]

Hello Good-Bye - Tyler Farr:

this video brought me to want one badly. I love the sound of that. Elderly has one right now at a great price. But I found a bubinga j100 first :( wife says no. Best of luck to you

Hello Good-Bye - Tyler Farr:

this video brought me to want one badly. I love the sound of that. Elderly has one right now at a great price. But I found a bubinga j100 first :( wife says no. Best of luck to you

I called about the Elderly one; the reason it's priced so sharp is because it suffered a headstock break, according to the sales guy I spoke with.

Lol says excellent condition on the website.hmmmm

Wow, that's pretty lame. I used to have faith in Elderly's descriptors, but in recent years have noticed a number of examples which would indicate that they're now playing rather loosely with the term "excellent condition."

I greatly appreciate a seller who puts significant details up front, such as a headstock break!

Wow, that's pretty lame. I used to have faith in Elderly's descriptors, but in recent years have noticed a number of examples which would indicate that they're now playing rather loosely with the term "excellent condition."

I greatly appreciate a seller who puts significant details up front, such as a headstock break

And on top of that they list the wrong specs: [thumbdn]

Archived