Gibson Brands Forums

The New Addition to the Family

Riffster

Got tired of playing along with tracks and drum machines, I have a couple of buddies that drum so I figured why not?

I do not know much about drums or electronic drums so it took me a while to set these up but now that I did they sound great.

2E125C7C-94DA-4B20-9FA4-1BD807384814_zpscwjknovv.jpg

7574733F-34F4-41B9-A9E1-45B087396941_zpsicqbdjbo.jpg

1768AB1B-508E-48A6-96F8-74A0BA6A6B5A_zpsmhgmi8zc.jpg

Got tired of playing along with tracks and drum machines, I have a couple of buddies that drum so I figured why not?

I do not know much about drums or electronic drums so it took me a while to set these up but now that I did they sound great.

2E125C7C-94DA-4B20-9FA4-1BD807384814_zpscwjknovv.jpg

7574733F-34F4-41B9-A9E1-45B087396941_zpsicqbdjbo.jpg

1768AB1B-508E-48A6-96F8-74A0BA6A6B5A_zpsmhgmi8zc.jpg

Wow! I was seriously just talking to my wife about buying one of these. Now you're tempting me to actually go through with it.

The module sounds really good, very realistic through a single powered PA 12" speaker and this is a cheap Harbinger speaker, I am sure it would sound killer with a good PA like a Mackie.

I may buy a couple of MIDI cables to go directly through GarageBand and make the drums fully editable if I record. Time to practice and play is limited and coinciding with my buddies is even tougher, since they do not get to practice much I have to be able to edit things out.

I got a good deal through AMS, the set was priced at $800 and I looked and looked online until I found a 10% off coupon that worked.

The throne and kick pedal are separate.

That is cool, Guitar Center has them on sale right now I think. Nice score

They might but their price on this set started at $845 and they were backordered, I know because I had order through MF initially but they kept pushing the stock date back.

Wow! I was seriously just talking to my wife about buying one of these. Now you're tempting me to actually go through with it.

It is really nice to be able to regulate the volume and record direct.

Also cool is that one of the tom rings is set to tambourine and another tom ring is set to cowbell, I have not explored the sounds but you can essentially set all kinds of percussion sounds on it.

I'm picking up the tascam 32 track its got 8 tracks at once can't wait to mix down on that bad boy. Your gonna have so much fun with that kit they are loads of fun.

Yea I bet mixing on 32 tracks will be a lot of fun.

The friend I occasionally jam with (he plays guitar and sings) has a drum set and he bought a Shure mic set for drums, cables, 8 track interface, etc and he was salivating over my new drum set. He was surprised how convenient this set is in terms of volume and recording. H is also a hobbyist and he was thinking he just may ditch his drum set up and get one of these.

Right now I am wondering if I want to record drums with the stereo out or if I want to buy a couple of MIDI cables to run through my 4X4 interface of if I should simply but a MIDI to USB cable and record MIDI directly...I do not see the added value of running MIDI through my interface other than those cables are cheaper than the MIDI to USB cable.

A MIDI to USB would make it easy to have my Mac right by the drums.

I never used the midi on mine but the stereo sounded awesome. We have the mics for the drums and this new house has got the room for it.

This is the one I am getting

main.jpg

Save yourself some aggravation and get the one with CD writer. I've been using my 2488 for about 9 years now, it's about to crap out. I'll replace it with the 32 with CD. Their format written to SD is (probably) weird and will take some janking around to get it either up to iTunes or wherever and onto CD, whereas the writer writes standard RedBook(?) CDs, you can do anything with them.

Unless you tell me the SD format is useful outside a Tascam, that would be good if it is.

rct

If you really want to get prepared... get up and play every 3 hours all night with volume set to 10 for 23 minutes! She'll thank you later. [flapper]

ϵβ

We already have a daughter, she's 3 and still does not sleep through the night. I do not need more preparedness for another kid.

Archived