Gibson Brands Forums

NAD (Well, "New" to me, anyway)!

charlie brown

Hi All,

4 years ago, I found a "like new" Marshall 1960-A (Slant) Cabinet, for a ridiculously fair price.

I purchased it, obviously, and had been searching for an equally "good deal" on a "used" Marshall

Head. Well, last evening, while in Wichita, to go to a concert at The Cotillion Ballroom ("Mike

Finnigan, and The Phantom Blues Band"), I went into Guitar Center, as it was "on the way," and

I wanted to purchase (another) pedal, that I'd taken a "shine" to (Dunlop M75 "Super Badass Distortion")

and after that purchase, 2 of my friends and bandmates, decided they wanted to look as some basses,

"just for fun, and to kill time," before heading a couple of miles, down the road, to The Cotillion

Ballroom. Unfortunately (for my checkbook), but fortunately for ME, the bass section was right

next to the Marshall Amp section. I spied (as in ZOOMED IN ON) a "Used" but "like new" Marshall

2000 TSL-100 Head, at a price I thought (especially given the (literally) "Like New" condition,

was more than fair! And, I talked them down, another 100 bucks (including sales tax). So, what

was to be a 85 dollar purchase, ended up substantially higher, but an "awesome" deal, none the

less.

So, without further ado...

Before:

DSC_0020-1.jpg

And, After:

DSC_91142_zpsd8738a73.jpg

Tried it out, at home, this morning and what a "Fire Breathing Beast" it is! Still familiarizing myself, with all the knobs

and buttons, but so far it seems like an amazing amp, to Me! [thumbup] And, for the price I paid, I can't complain at all!

Cheers, [biggrin]

CB

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Congrats CB

I'm currently trying to buy a 69 50 watt Plexi off a friend..... He doesn't use it, but he's being a little hesitant

Thanks, Duane...I think I'm going to REALLY ENJOY this one! [biggrin]

Hope your friend, will loosen up a bit, and you can get your "Plexi!" [thumbup]

CB

Thanks, Duane...I think I'm going to REALLY ENJOY this one! [biggrin]

Hope your friend, will loosen up a bit, and you can get your "Plexi!" [thumbup]

CB

I remember you posting a younger pic of yourself standing next to a Marshall full stack..... I remember those days, but I used SMF stuff...lol

Way to go Chuck! You have now just joined an elite fraternity...owners of Marshall Stacks! Well done mate.

Thanks, Paul...it's a familiar feeling, from my youth (when I owned a Marshall "Major" AKA "The Pig," Full Stack).

I think, at this juncture, a 100 watt 1/2 stack will be more than enough. LOL But, IF I find a 1960-B Cabinet, in

equal condition, at the same price the 1960-A was purchased, "Who Knows" it may become a "Full Stack," at that point?

[biggrin]

Cheers,

CB

I remember you posting a younger pic of yourself standing next to a Marshall full stack..... I remember those days, but I used SMF stuff...lol

Here it is, again...just for those who've joined us, since I last posted it.

My "Bedroom Amp," in 1969 (age 19) with my newly acquired Marshall "Major" Full Stack!

Those WERE the days!! [biggrin]

CharlieBrown19Summer1969withMarshal.jpg

CB

Here's high school pic of me back in 1979 ...lol you can see my SMF amp

dlna.jpg

Me and My 80 LPC... at 16 years old

1981dddRR.jpg

224703_204950122876622_100000849082235_495276_7243252_n.jpg

[biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]=D> =D>

You're lucky, that you have photos from your youth. I have precious FEW. No one around

us took photos, and/or IF they did, they're long gone! So, it's GREAT that you have those.

A FEW that I do have: LOL

Spring 1966 with my New Gretsch Country Gent, and Fender Bandmaster Amp, and "checkerboard"

shirt! LOL!!!!! [lol] [lol] [lol]

08-20-2008125952PM.jpg

The big, home made" speaker cabinet (prior to covering) was named "McQuilda!" Why??? Who knows,

it seemed humorously appropriate, at the time. [biggrin]

Summer, 1966, with my Gretsch Country Gent, and Newly acquired Vox "Super Beatle!"

08-20-2008124508PM.jpg

CB

LOL!!!! Look at the size of that speaker cabinet [scared] .... And I thought Sunn had the market cornered on gigantic guitar enclosures [biggrin]

LOL, Yeah...it went on to have 6-12's in it! I think it eventually ended up, at the bass player's house,

(sans speakers) being used as a book case! LOL!!! [lol] [lol]

CB

Archived