Gibson Brands Forums

My Cutsomized SG Standard

ALFA ROMEO CORSE

No, I don' t use those Faber studs, my ABR '59 is installed on Nashville studs but that' s interesting. Anyway this bridge is not expensive and give a vintage look to the SG, a great upgrade.

I think that the TP-6 kill the sustain that' s why I order a standard Gibson stopbar. I see that Faber have a mice stopbar too but my stopbar is on the way.

Nice Les Paul Custom plain top

Hello!

Yes, sustain...

That's why I used these studs. The increase is dramatic. [thumbup]

Faber has nice, period-correct, light-weight aluminium stopbars. I might consider getting one, especially with those locking studs.

Best wishes... Bence

I don't get the big deal, the difference in stud spacing is so small (especially given how inconsistent Gibson's guitars have always been) that I've never had a problem putting a Nashville on an ABR guitar when I get sick of the buzzing (or vice versa on the off chance that I feel the need to demonstrate that an ABR fits on Nashville studs). They fit without modification, even the 'vintage' ones - my ES-125 has a Nashville on it.

The upshot is that I always have spare ABR-1s lying around, and need to start building new guitars and rebuilding cheap guitars more often. I'm tempted to burn one on the Danelectro, the stock bridge is starting to get on my nerves.

Archived