Gibson Brands Forums

What are you guys smokin'?

L8_4thesh0w

Love Dicky Betts!

Here's an epic one in my opinion

I agree completely... that video kicks!!! My favorite songs of both groups!

Do you know of a song called "Blue Is My Color"?

I thought it was Charlie Daniels but I can't even find the song on the net. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong name.

It starts with just bass for a couple of measures and includes "blue is my color" and "13 is my number" in the lyrics.

I agree completely... that video kicks!!! My favorite songs of both groups!

Do you know of a song called "Blue Is My Color"?

I thought it was Charlie Daniels but I can't even find the song on the net. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong name.

It starts with just bass for a couple of measures and includes "blue is my color" and "13 is my number" in the lyrics.

I can't say I know that one. Now I want to hear it.

Here's another good one.

For some of you younger folks not acquainted with the finer points of Southern Rock... and those of us who are!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GxKMUzENoo

There was a thread here a few weeks ago, asking what guitar player you would most want to be able to play like. (something like that). This [thumbup] is a perfect example for me of why I said Warren Haynes.

HERE it is... with a little help from the Marshall Tucker Band! I wish they still did this every year.

I bet a lot of folks never had any idea that Charlie could play like this. He's 78 now and still goin' at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEIUGurKEm4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ihtDQFGOqo

Sorry about not getting pt. 2 up this morning. My video goes away @ 8:00am when they throttle back my broadband.

I have to get them in between 2am and 8am or I can't watch and it takes forever just to find one and get it posted.

Very cool. And now I see what you're looking for.

Here's a band that skates the line between prog and country. Crazy stuff!

Dregs r cool. I have What If on vinyl. Listening to Steve makes you wonder if that's where the idea for "chicken pickin" came from. [blink]

What do you guys think of Blackberry Smoke? They sound a lot like the Allman Brothers and The Black Crowes to me. I like them a lot.

I've heard good stuff about them but have not heard them yet... been meaning to check them out.

What do you guys think of Blackberry Smoke? They sound a lot like the Allman Brothers and The Black Crowes to me. I like them a lot.

blackberrySmoke.jpg

I like this band....If I remember correctly they play Gibsons.

The lead singer of BBS is in a band with Jesse James Dupree from Jakyl also....

blackberrySmoke.jpg

I love 'em. gotten to see them a few times now. great bunch of guys too. hung out with them outside their tour bus for a 1/2 hour one gig, talking music & fishing ...

Watcha got hear is the playlist for a rip snorting, rockin good time drinking party at the local gravel pit. Tequilla, Bourbon, or Beer. Take your pick, or mix all three.

Yeah-ha.

Make mine Monte Alban OR Jack Daniels OR Dinkel Acker CD Pils!

Now, here's some lovely acoustical 3-part for you good folks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfMcnEvi01g

blackberrySmoke.jpg

I'll see your Allman Brothers and Black Crowes and raise you with The Band! But they have their own unique identity and some great tunes!

I saw them live, in OKC, at Bricktown.

CB

O! M! G! Blackberry Smoke are fan-freaking-tastic!!! Thanks guys! [woot] (in case you missed it, I posted part 2 of the Volunteer Jam vid in #6)

Archived