Gibson Brands Forums

SG Standard 2014 versus EDS-1275

PelhamBlueFire

Why did you get rid of it? If I may ask, of course. And how did you rewire it, exactly? Did you just flip them around, so the top switch became the neck switch?

I sold it to pay off a debt. The switches are clumsy to switch between lead 6 string and rhythm 12 string. There is only 1 pickup selector and it is between the 2 necks. I changed that to neck selector, it was also taller so you could hit it with your arm easy. I added 2 smaller pickup selectors switches down below the 6 string, it worked great. I also made a special strap to go under my crotch to keep the headstocks from stage diving.

I sold it to pay off a debt. The switches are clumsy to switch between lead 6 string and rhythm 12 string. There is only 1 pickup selector and it is between the 2 necks. I changed that to neck selector, it was also taller so you could hit it with your arm easy. I added 2 smaller pickup selectors switches down below the 6 string, it worked great. I also made a special strap to go under my crotch to keep the headstocks from stage diving.

Yeah, I noticed they are very neck-heavy. At the store, they gave me a extra wide strap, and the salesman told me to buy locking tuners in the event I purchase one. What are your recommendations, given you're a person that has owned one of these things. Any tips you can give me, are very helpfull.

Yeah, I noticed they are very neck-heavy. At the store, they gave me a extra wide strap, and the salesman told me to buy locking tuners in the event I purchase one. What are your recommendations, given you're a person that has owned one of these things. Any tips you can give me, are very helpfull.

Locking tuners or straps? I used a padded strap for comfort. I recommend you play the heck out of it! Make sure you keep us posted with pictures when you get it. Rewiring was somewhat of a big deal, but it improved the way I could play it.

Locking tuners or straps? I used a padded strap for comfort. I recommend you play the heck out of it! Make sure you keep us posted with pictures when you get it. Rewiring was somewhat of a big deal, but it improved the way I could play it.

I meant strap locks, yeah. The tuners are fine, from what I could tell. I - will - play the heck out of it, haha. When I do get the guitar, I will post some pictures for you guys...I promise. But it could be months before I get it, actually. They told me at least 3 months, but it could also be like half a year...or longer! Therefore, it's just a matter of patience on my part. But my patience will be rewarded in the end. At least, I will have a Heritage cherry EDS-1275.

I meant strap locks, yeah. The tuners are fine, from what I could tell. I - will - play the heck out of it, haha. When I do get the guitar, I will post some pictures for you guys...I promise. But it could be months before I get it, actually. They told me at least 3 months, but it could also be like half a year...or longer! Therefore, it's just a matter of patience on my part. But my patience will be rewarded in the end. At least, I will have a Heritage cherry EDS-1275.

I haven't seen mine in 15 years, I would be happy to wait for up to a year to get it back.

I haven't seen mine in 15 years, I would be happy to wait for up to a year to get it back.

Well, I understand your feelings on this. I'm pretty happy to wait for half a year, too. The thing is, nothing 's set in stone. All they say is, "Could be two weeks, could be six months." How many of these double-necks are getting made per month/year, actually?

Well, I understand your feelings on this. I'm pretty happy to wait for half a year, too. The thing is, nothing 's set in stone. All they say is, "Could be two weeks, could be six months." How many of these double-necks are getting made per month/year, actually?

Try calling Gibson 1-800-4GIBSON

Try calling Gibson 1-800-4GIBSON

Yeah, I'll try that again. Last time I did, they couldn't even help me. So, I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. But I'll keep you posted. Gibson said the number of EDS-1275's that get made, is variable per month. So, I think I'll get the same old song next time. But who knows...

PS, I just looked back through the thread and realised I noted Don Henley instead of Don Felder as a EDS 1275 player lol! Now that would have been something if he played drums, sang and played a doubleneck all at the same time for the Eagles [biggrin]

Congrats on ordering your EDS 1275... looking forward to seeing the pics & it's certainly worth waiting for.

Thanks! I'm really excited, cody. As for the pics, it could take several months, haha.

PS, I just looked back through the thread and realised I noted Don Henley instead of Don Felder as a EDS 1275 player lol! Now that would have been something if he played drums, sang and played a doubleneck all at the same time for the Eagles [biggrin]

Don Henley would be the ultimate virtuoso, yeah. Nice!

Archived