Gibson Brands Forums

Sunday Song

Buc McMaster

It was the uke my parents gave me one birthday that opened my eyes to making music. Super job!

Now that you mention it, the first stringed instrument I ever played was a(n) ukulele my parents got us kids in a little stringed instrument shop in Mittenwald, Germany in about 1956. As I recall, it cost about 20 DM, which was about five bucks then. My older sister taught me four chords, and away I went. For all I know, she mays still have that little uke. I'll ask her the next time I talk to her.

I loved it because it was kid-sized, and easy to play at the most basic level.

I had completely forgotten about it until you made this reference. I can see it and hear it clear as day.

Your turn to offer a version of River (gave mine yesteryear) and you sure take it safely home.

It's a very good song in all its tristesse and blasé blueness - anti-x-mas mood with huge A. .

I Can See Clearly is another fantastic tune - and you pinch that too. The flower-uke sounds cüüüühl in the intro. .

Those 2 songs are from respectively 1971 and 72 - then of course we the Fabs from 1970 on the wall, , , eeeehhh for the nerds in reality 1969, , so you clearly presents us a time-pocket here. .

Keep the candle burning

1418687084[/url]' post='1602929']

Those "silly little toys" don't sound silly or like toys at all. I would imagine some of them carry a big price tag too. Nice job Buc! Not sure if you take requests or not but I saw a guy do James Taylor's Fire and Rain at an open mic one time and blew the crowd away. I think you would really do that tune justice with your singing and ukelele skills.

Archived