Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
L5Larry

Chord Finder Website - Help!

I believe a good notes-to-chord finder has been posted here previously, does anyone know the link? The one I found doesn't understand jazz chords with bass notes.

Anyway, I've got to convert piano chart tinkelings to guitar chords for a show we're doing Friday night WITHOUT A PIANO player. I used to do this with handwritten conversion charts I made up years ago, but there has to be a better/faster way here in the 21st century.

This piano chart is part of a big band arrangement to the great Mercer/Mancini composition "Moon River". This arrangement is not JUST 3/4 time, but is a hard (oom pah pah) waltz. The arrangement really sucks, but I'm being paid to play it.

I believe a good notes-to-chord finder has been posted here previously, does anyone know the link? The one I found doesn't understand jazz chords with bass notes.

Anyway, I've got to convert piano chart tinkelings to guitar chords for a show we're doing Friday night WITHOUT A PIANO player. I used to do this with handwritten conversion charts I made up years ago, but there has to be a better/faster way here in the 21st century.

This piano chart is part of a big band arrangement to the great Mercer/Mancini composition "Moon River". This arrangement is not JUST 3/4 time, but is a hard (oom pah pah) waltz. The arrangement really sucks, but I'm being paid to play it.

Hi Larry, I think the website you refer to might be this one:

http://www.chordpickout.com/get-chords-to-any-song-with-chord-pickout.html

There is also this one (which I have not used):

http://dmm.software.informer.com/