Gibson Brands Forums

Miniature Guitar Amp

BluesKing777

I read about the Blug Amp1 in a guitar magazine - it got the Gold stamp award.

I know some of you wouldn't be much interested, but it is a guitar amp head the size of an iPad. I haven't touched an electric guitar for quite a while, but after reading the article I was thinking ...hmmmm...I need a new amp!

http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/guitars/bluguitar-amp-1-611412/

BluesKing777.

The analog mind wobbles.

It would totally spin if I didn't notice they are still carrying their old friend the 4x12 speaker cabinet around. I don't think my back has ever recovered from that upstairs lug.....

They (in the article) mention headphone outs and line outs, so you could run a line to a PA to save carrying, but the writer and the inventor both want real 4x12's.

BluesKing777.

It would totally spin if I didn't notice they are still carrying their old friend the 4x12 speaker cabinet around. I don't think my back has ever recovered from that upstairs lug.....

They (in the article) mention headphone outs and line outs, so you could run a line to a PA to save carrying, but the writer and the inventor both want real 4x12's.

BluesKing777.

If I am carrying anything like a 4x12, I am NOT going through the trouble unless there are tubes involved. And I don't mean a couple pre-amp tubes.

I can see the appeal of amp models for fun though. Like, in the house on the couch.

Archived