Gibson Brands Forums

And the best Gibson in shop was......?

flatbaroque

Spent 2 hours on Saturday at Allans Music playing all the Gibson acoustics.A small diversion in my Xmas shopping itinerary.

Played Hummingbird MC, Hummingbird Quilt (maple?), J-200 standard, J-200 TV, Sj-100 1941 reissue, LG2 American eagle, Keb Mo,J-15, J-29, J-35, J-45 TV and an Advanced Jumbo..

And my favorite on the day was..........

The SJ-100 1941- maybe a surprise winner. Just a beautiful sounding and easy to play guitar.The mahogany jumbo seems to work beautifully.Loved it.

I remember being unenthused about the double notch pick guard but on the sunburst which this was it looks fine.

Yes I want it for Xmas...if you all pitch in won't cost too much!!!

Nice, leisurely 2 hours with a big result!!!!!

A couple of questions, FB.....is Allans picking up (pun)? Last time I went to the local one, with cash in the pocket ready to blow on gadgetry, they had not ONE single thing I wanted...true. So I have not been back in years.

And the Hummingbird MC has not been made for years, has it?

And sorry, no cash left in the guitar fund.... [omg]

BluesKing777.

Didn't buy it...just enjoyed playing it.

AJ was the runner up.

BK, Allan's is an odd bod shop..now that it is a Gibson Dealer it has a bunch of 'em.One of the few places in Sydney to have all these models. It also has the full Epiphone range. But other than that..precious little in the acoustics.

Archived