Gibson Brands Forums

Look what followed me home

Gearhead88

I've been paying this one off over the last month or so after putting a deposit on it. It's a 2006 Songwriter Deluxe twelve string. Just brought it home Friday . Yesterday , I cleaned it up , replaced the strings and changed out the pick guard which was split and cracked in several places. I was fortunate , and I've got to give my sales guy a big thank you for making some phone calls and email inquiries , ending with him arranging for a replacement pick guard which was in the case when I went to pick up the guitar. The guitar sounds wonderful !

100_6585_zps26fac0f7.jpg

100_6586_zps7af71d9c.jpg

100_6593_zpsf06874b7.jpg

What a great Christmas get.

These Songwriter Deluxe are very well made 12 strings and somewhat under appreciated. In recent years they went to Rosewood fretboard/bridge, but back a bit they were Ebony - I have a 2008 with Ebony fretboard/bridge purchased used. Great sound, volume, projection and quality for the price.

Congrats and enjoy! . . B)

Thank's for all the friendly comments everyone.

For now it's in double drop D , Normally , like my last twelve string I'd have it in standard tuning but half a step down.

I'm using D'Addario phosphor bronze .010 - .047 light gauge strings.

This one , being an 06' model , has an ebony fretboard and bridge.

The J-45 in the background is a J-45 Northern , 65 made , for the Long & McQuade chain of music stores in Canada.

Yesterday I scored a cool Craftsman oak tool box off of Kijiji , it's got my guitar setup tools in it now , I think for $30 I did okay on that .

100_6597_zps17856d68.jpg

100_6594_zpsb3f10950.jpg

The ebony makes it a stand-out and makes the abalone show up better! [thumbup]

Nice box too, and if it ever breaks, they will replace it, free...? Best keep it properly humidified. [rolleyes]

How many resonators do I see in that pic?

There are three resonators , two are Dean and the third is a Republic highway 61

Archived