Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gearhead88

Look what followed me home

I've been paying this one off over the last month or so after putting a deposit on it. It's a 2006 Songwriter Deluxe twelve string. Just brought it home Friday . Yesterday , I cleaned it up , replaced the strings and changed out the pick guard which was split and cracked in several places. I was fortunate , and I've got to give my sales guy a big thank you for making some phone calls and email inquiries , ending with him arranging for a replacement pick guard which was in the case when I went to pick up the guitar. The guitar sounds wonderful !

100_6585_zps26fac0f7.jpg

100_6586_zps7af71d9c.jpg

100_6593_zpsf06874b7.jpg

Nice rescue!

Looks like your new acquisition is right at home with the rest of the herd.

Hard to resist one when it calls out your name... (At least that's what I keep telling my wife.)

Sweet looking 12 string ! Nice addition - is that a J-45 in the background? Will you tune this one up to pitch ot do you leve it down a half or whole stwp?

What strings did you go with? I have an Epi jumbo 12, currently with the luthier, and want to try some different strings.

It has Martin XLs now but I'm hoping for a better feel and sound with something else.

That is a beauty!

What a great Christmas get.

These Songwriter Deluxe are very well made 12 strings and somewhat under appreciated. In recent years they went to Rosewood fretboard/bridge, but back a bit they were Ebony - I have a 2008 with Ebony fretboard/bridge purchased used. Great sound, volume, projection and quality for the price.

Congrats and enjoy! . . B)

Thank's for all the friendly comments everyone.

For now it's in double drop D , Normally , like my last twelve string I'd have it in standard tuning but half a step down.

I'm using D'Addario phosphor bronze .010 - .047 light gauge strings.

This one , being an 06' model , has an ebony fretboard and bridge.

The J-45 in the background is a J-45 Northern , 65 made , for the Long & McQuade chain of music stores in Canada.

Yesterday I scored a cool Craftsman oak tool box off of Kijiji , it's got my guitar setup tools in it now , I think for $30 I did okay on that .

100_6597_zps17856d68.jpg

100_6594_zpsb3f10950.jpg

It must be 12 string day!!! Congrats!!! [thumbup]

What I find most interesting about your 12 string is it's the first crown shaped fret-board I have ever seen without binding [confused]

The ebony makes it a stand-out and makes the abalone show up better! [thumbup]

Nice box too, and if it ever breaks, they will replace it, free...? Best keep it properly humidified. [rolleyes]

How many resonators do I see in that pic?

The ebony makes it a stand-out and makes the abalone show up better! [thumbup]

Nice box too, and if it ever breaks, they will replace it, free...? Best keep it properly humidified. [rolleyes]

How many resonators do I see in that pic?

There are three resonators , two are Dean and the third is a Republic highway 61