Gibson Brands Forums

Masterbilt AJ500 Vintage Sunburst...$350!!!!

cliffenstein

I want to buy this so bad, but I just can't get it past the wife, so I am putting this link out there to you guys in case someone here wants it.

http://www.musicgoround.com/p/268562/used-epiphone-aj500-masterbuilt-acoustic-guitar

Fretboard needs to be oiled, it's missing a screw in the trussrod cover and there appears to be a slight ding in the back, but at $349.99 + $60 shipping, it's still an absolute steal for this guitar, as the Vintage Sunburst models are very, VERY hard to come by.

I want to buy this so bad, but I just can't get it past the wife, so I am putting this link out there to you guys in case someone here wants it.

http://www.musicgoround.com/p/268562/used-epiphone-aj500-masterbuilt-acoustic-guitar

Fretboard needs to be oiled, it's missing a screw in the trussrod cover and there appears to be a slight ding in the back, but at $349.99 + $60 shipping, it's still an absolute steal for this guitar, as the Vintage Sunburst models are very, VERY hard to come by.

So I noticed that it is a AJ 500-MEVS. I looked in epiphonewiki and didn't see it. Anyone familar with this model designation? I figure magognay and electric, looks satin but then why wouldn't it be AJ-500MENS? Although I'm not sure it is acoustic-electric?

Very cool of you, man. And tempting.

Gotta agree. If I was interested, I'd email the store. Apparently no case included? The "E" is definitely for electronics, which that big black thing right of the label appears to be associated with. I'd ask are the electronics working? What model pickup? .... I got my eyes elsewhere at the moment. :rolleyes:

Looks gloss in the photos to me.

Mahogany Electric Vintage Sunburst

Yes mine is the same and that is what the sound hole labeling means.

For those who asked on the PU if an old Burst like mine think they stopped making them before the ugly control panel mounting on the bout and the problematic E-sonic nonsense.

If just the volume wheel like mine it is the older reliable LR Baggs system with the 9 volt battery in a pouch that Velcro attaches to the neck inside.

Did not look but if it is gloss then someone buffed it out as I had done to mine. They did not do gloss tops that I know of in the days they made the Burst Masterbuilt AJ500ME's

Yes mine is the same and that is what the sound hole labeling means.

For those who asked on the PU if an old Burst like mine think they stopped making them before the ugly control panel mounting on the bout and the problematic E-sonic nonsense.

If just the volume wheel like mine it is the older reliable LR Baggs system with the 9 volt battery in a pouch that Velcro attaches to the neck inside.

Did not look but if it is gloss then someone buffed it out as I had done to mine. They did not do gloss tops that I know of in the days they made the Burst Masterbuilt AJ500ME's

So when you buffed yours out, did you use a non-silicone compound? I have read up on buffing Satin finishes but I have a knack for ruining guitars that I work on...lol.

Archived