Gibson Brands Forums

My amazing Gibby 12-String find!!!!

duane v

Meghh, never wanted a 12 string….

UNTIL NOW!!!! Thanks Duane just what I needed, more GAS…! That is a beauty, enjoy it. How does it play? Is it much harder to play than a 6 string?

LOL.... My fingers are pretty adaptable and I played her for about two hours straight and my hand started to ache a little.... It will be better once I get the guitar over to my Luthier to install lighter strings, new bone bridge pins and lower the action.

I've tended to drop my AE 12s to D.

Duane... I first was gonna tease and say you're a rotten person but... Then maybe it'd sound too much like I meant it.

The guitar probably couldn't have found a better home.

Me, I'd likely try to figure a good way to add an unobtrusive AE setup...

But it's gorgeous as is.

I think the trick to a 12 for any genre is not to get too fancy - although this Kottke guy makes it sound easy, and even clear. I do "last steam engine train" on a 6 - haven't had the guts to get tuit on the 12.

m

Umm, does this lady have any other guitars? :rolleyes:

Sweet find Duane. That is truly the most beautiful 12 string guitars I've ever seen. Since I missed this post on Christmas, I'll just say Merry New Year (reference to the movie Trading Places).

Congrats!!!

How much you wanna bet he changes the tuners to gold?

I wouldn't...I mean not suggesting it needs it....

Maybe I should start a poll.

lol..... ordered a set of gold mini Grovers this morning [laugh] .... You know me too well Mr. Stein

This so takes me back. My earliest memories of 12 string guitar are Leo Kottke on PBS some 40 years ago. I was mesmerized. Even today that picking is so clean and the timing immaculate. Amazing stuff.

No hijack intended, Duane.

Archived