Gibson Brands Forums

Which guitar to let go

kente777

Hi, I'm new to the forum and new to Gibson guitars. I just inherited 3 Gibson guitars and I want to give one of them to a friend. I haven't really played the guitars much but they seem to be in great condition.

I guess my question is which one of the following 2 guitars would you keep and why? Help me to decide which one my friend gets.

2001 ES175 or 1993 Tennessean.

Thanks so much!

Ken

Need more info to give an opinion, at least for MY opinion.

Firstly, do these have any sentimental value? Do they have any sentimental value to anyone else in the family or otherwise? And understand, I ask because often, an "inheritance" involves a connection that is intended to be passed down, rather than simply a monetary thing.

And...others may or may not be involved, wether they feel a right isn't the only question, but rather, others might feel YOU should have them for one reason or another.

Said all that to say, I don't know anything about it, even what I ask about...no judgements.

Also, as it relates to "gifting"...I kinda see gifting in the sense of what the reciever will get from it. Not knowing anything about the freind you would like to gift one of these to, or why you feel the desire to do so, I might suggest the more important aspect might not be which is better for you to keep, but maybe what is better for your freind to recieve.

I'm a friendly guy so I'd take the Tennesean, please, simply because it's so different looking.

Or, if you're not looking for a new best friend, you could always leave it up to him or her (as the case may be).

I kind of like the way the ES looks so maybe I'll give up the Tennessean. Which of the two is worth more?

No sentimental value whatsoever. Just want to bless a friend.

I see. I see something.

You type "bless". Leads me to believe you might have certain principles that perhaps many might not have.

So...I might suggest you consider, between the two of you, WHICH of you would be more "blessed" by owning either of these guitars?

Supposing one is better than the other, who would benifit more with the better one?

What experience do you and your freind have with music and playing guitar?

I see. I see something.

You type "bless". Leads me to believe you might have certain principles that perhaps many might not have.

So...I might suggest you consider, between the two of you, WHICH of you would be more "blessed" by owning either of these guitars?

Supposing one is better than the other, who would benifit more with the better one?

What experience do you and your freind have with music and playing guitar?

Interesting thing to ponder. :)

Archived