Gibson Brands Forums

Eric Clapton & Friends - Call Me The Breeze

Rabs

EC has a LOT of "hero's!" Still I'm sure that JJ WAS one of them!

The Documentary looks very interesting! But, being out in "the sticks,"

I probably won't get to see it, unless/until it comes on NetFlix! [tongue][unsure]

CB

Straight to DVD (or blueray)

http://www.amazon.com/Planes-Trains-Eric-Clapton/dp/B00MP2JIZO/ref=sr_1_1_twi_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1419970174&sr=8-1&keywords=plane+trains+and+eric

We are going to do "Call Me The Breeze" in my band; a lot of bands have done it, I wanted to do a different Cale number but it's what our singer feels comfortable with.

The Clapton version seems to be recorded on top of J.J's original track.

J.J at his best was unbeatable - this gives me an excuse to post pics of his Harmony Sovereign again....I saw him play this a few times.......note the P90 and - you can't really see from this pic but those white ones are LP signature pups....

JJCaleGuitar_zps92f32264.jpg

JJCaleGuitar2_zps1277e61a.jpg

Good call Rabs, as always....

Happy New Year 2015!

We are going to do "Call Me The Breeze" in my band; a lot of bands have done it, I wanted to do a different Cale number but it's what our singer feels comfortable with.

The Clapton version seems to be recorded on top of J.J's original track.

J.J at his best was unbeatable - this gives me an excuse to post pics of his Harmony Sovereign again....I saw him play this a few times.......note the P90 and - you can't really see from this pic but those white ones are LP signature pups....

Good call Rabs, as always....

Happy New Year 2015!

Wow.. not seen that.. Its hard core...

And a Happy New Year you too sir :) [thumbup]

Always loved that song! Skynyrd rocked it! Clapton jammed it a bit more lowkey but tastefully put his twist on it.

(To me, that is the best song Skynyrd ever did. Some amazing licks.) Thanks for sharing...

Happy New Year!!

I just saw this vid of the guitar in action :)

Archived