Gibson Brands Forums

New Years resolution

4Hayden

Get out and gig this year!

2013 was a gig revival and a break-out year for me @ 45 y/o, but 2014, @ 46 y/o was a bust for me and I didn't do even 1 live gig... (jammed with former band mates and a few other musicians, did some recording work, worked out some new songs, but no live gigs)

Economy tanking and work becoming more stressful and the demands of the employer caused a very strong constant angst that detracted from following my passions. I'm sick to my stomach about losing a whole year not getting back out there like I was in 2013...

I am determined not to let gigging get away from me this year, I must get out and play live!

2015, @ 47 y/o, is going to be a reclamation for me...

Well, since I haven't touched alcohol in 11 years, THAT's out...

I quit smoking (again) on July 9th so THAT's out.

Those were both radical changes. I don't like radical changes.

I want to eat better so I'll lose a little weight. I eat like a 10 year old whose parents are gone for the weekend. I eat garbage and a lot of it. I'm not feeling so good about eating meat, at least to the point of cutting back. It's a personal thing. The more I know about how animals are treated and then "processed" the less I want to be involved in the equation. Eating more super foods, sweet potatoes, spinach, (I love both BTW). PORTION CONTROL. Eat a normal sized plate and then PUT THE PLATE IN THE SINK. It doesn't need to be refilled.

Not a diet. I went on the Atkins Diet in 03 and lost 58 lbs in about a year. Then I started eating normal and put it all back. I don't like the game of tricking my body or feeling like I'm going without. My "diet" will be EAT LESS, DO MORE.

And that includes little things like parking at the far end of WalMart's lot and walking.

buy more guitars...

drink more booze...

buy more guitars...

get the occasional root...

buy more guitars....

break the record for eating the most slices at Pizza Hut...

buy more guitars...

be kind to my fine feathered friends (because a duck maybe someone's mother)...

buy more guitars...

Oh, it's going to be a busy year!

buy more guitars...

drink more booze...

buy more guitars...

buy more guitars....

buy more guitars...

buy more guitars...

LOL, i like you MP... lol.

I usually don't put too much thought into resolutions. But, after seeing Duane's post and his tribute to a lost friend, I think I'll resolve to do something similar this year.

My good friend and band mate passed away suddenly in June. I have some files of unfinished original music he recorded, so I'd like to maybe add some of my own parts and finish the songs in his memory. First I have to learn something about studio recording/editing. :unsure:

buy more guitars...

drink more booze...

buy more guitars...

buy more guitars....

buy more guitars...

buy more guitars...

WOW! It's like I have a twin!

Find and secure a job in a different department or administration, preferably in Colorado, below Denver, above Pueblo, somewhere in there. Move there. Figure out where me and Mrs will live, buy it, start getting our stuff out of this place and out there. Get her there, probably just after she retires here in summer of 18. We need to do it, it is time, this is the year we start.

rct

Archived