Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson 339

KRidnour

I played out at a party New Years Eve with my 339. I played about 3 hours. 2 hours standing up and another hour sitting on a stool. The next day I noticed all these scratches on the back of my 339, almost rubbed down to the wood, about a 2" circle. I was pissed , I baby this guitar. It was from my cell phone with the otter box , when I was sitting down. The good news is , I took my 339 down to a guy who works on my guitars and with a little compound and a buffer wheel it looks like new again. Back when I use to play out , we didn`t have cell phones!

It's amazing what a good luthier can do.

Some years ago I wanted to sell a good price my black Gibson acoustic.

It was like new ...............but full of minor scratches and the varnish was

damaged where the elbow rests ( the rule must be >>>never buy a black or satin guitar)

In this state sure I would never have succeeded in selling it; so I brought it to a Luthier,

I had it back LIKE NEW he only polished it with a machine.

And then I sold it the price I wanted>>>>>do not over worry , the luthiers are here fortunately

I also use an Otterbox but use a soft leather case that I can move to the side hip when playing. The Otter hard holster can scratch up the back of the guitr as you found out. Also, I wear the belt buckle on side; or wear no belt if your pants can stay up. msp_biggrin.gif

Archived