Gibson Brands Forums

This time... in a tasteful burst...

Searcy

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/08/gibson-les-paul-headphones-hands-on/?a_dgi=aolshare_facebook

DSC_8185.jpg

Gibson's fitness-minded headphones may get most of the attention here at CES, but venture inside the company's tent, and you'll discover another line of cans. And these are much more in line with what I'd expect from the guitar maker. In fact, the inspiration comes from the Les Paul: an iconic guitar that debuted in the '50s and named for the musician who first endorsed it. It's still a popular choice for pickers. Later this year, Gibson will equip Les Paul owners and admirers with a new series of headphones that get their aesthetics from the design of the classic axe. Just like the guitar, there will be a range of choices, including Standard (over-ear) and SG (on-ear) models that pack regular, Lightning and wireless connectivity.

DSC_8184.jpg

I'm curious to see how these stack up, both sonically and price wise, to the competition.

They might just be an overpriced novelty item but they could be audiophile quality. I guess we'll see.

Either way, they're pretty cool looking!

Archived