Gibson Brands Forums

Country Artist - "Country Song"

Searcy

My daughter thinks all classic Blues and Blues Rock sounds the same. And really, why wouldn't it? Twelve bars; I, IV, V; minor pentatonic scales, etc. That formula can yield some very unique sounds, but also can sound very formulaic.

Worse for me is hearing the same line-up on classic rock radio day after day at work. I love a lot of classic rock tunes, esp. ones found on B-sides. If I had to play in a band doing the same classic rock sets day after day, I know I'd go insane. The only songs I'll learn, and the only songs I'll listen to, are ones I haven't heard a zillion times.

You're really upset by this topic aren't you? [rolleyes]

Not at all, in fact, my experience in music makes me quite comfortable with what it has all become. For quite a long time now actually. I am amused that anyone involved even a little in this business would be even remotely stirred by it.

rct

I'm sorry if that offended you, I really am. Sorry. But I really do not like Country. I don't know why, I just don't. That I won't appologise for. I also don't like Disco, Punk, Rap, and anything from those dumb arse American or Australian Idol programmes. Does that make me a bad man, or wrong? [mellow]

Yes and NO

Archived