Gibson Brands Forums

Queens of the Stone Age - "Mexicola"

Searcy

No thanks...

Just not my thing... At all! Hell I don't even like Metallica... Even if Kirk Hammett owns Peter Green's Holy Grail '59 Les Paul now...

With the name of the song I was expecting possibly some Southwest influnce...

I've always been a fan of Tito & Tarantula and alike... (Plugz - Cruzados)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCbJSVGjeSI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08bAeHiQUGE

You should hear them now with Jon Theodore pounding the skins. Insane.

Jon Theodore is an insanely talented player. Have you heard his playing with the Mars Volta? Their first three albums were with him and they were never quite the same after he left. Thomas Pridgen who replaced Theodore was an incredible player too, but Theodore was overall a more rounded player I think. He could do crazy complicated beats, subtle shuffles, displacements and so on. In many ways he reminded me of a young Billy Cobham - a guy I'm sure he was greatly influenced by.

Jon Theodore is an insanely talented player. Have you heard his playing with the Mars Volta? Their first three albums were with him and they were never quite the same after he left. Thomas Pridgen who replaced Theodore was an incredible player too, but Theodore was overall a more rounded player I think. He could do crazy complicated beats, subtle shuffles, displacements and so on. In many ways he reminded me of a young Billy Cobham - a guy I'm sure he was greatly influenced by.

Thumbs up to everything you've said here. De-Loused in the Comatorium is on my top ten albums list.

Guest Farnsbarns

I saw that crowd years ago at Reading. I think Dave Grohl was still drumming for them. The bassist marched out stark, bollock naked. I don't mind telling you that guy was hung like a horse, all the men went quiet and looked at the floor. Different bassist now as well. Not my thing at all TBH but that line up is clearly better than the band I saw.

Archived