Gibson Brands Forums

Teuffel Guitars ... FREAKY!!!

Rabs

They are gorgeous. 80s to the core, but gorgeous. That orange guitar is stellar — in that Nagel way. And the pick up selector is like bridge, more bridge, even more bridge. So nice.

I love the design that went into the bird/fish thing, and I'd love to own it, but I don't want that level of adjustability. I like one-trick pony guitars and amps.

If I could get my wife on board, I'd be three guitars poorer. Yikes. Four. Look at that acoustic!

I'm probably completely wrong, of course, but I can see those appealing more to collectors than players. Especially the BirdFish.

Possibly a large slice of the well-heeled picking fraternity will hoover them up too. Just Because They Can.

Seriously; can you imagine going down to your local spit'n'sawdust open jam and seeing someone pulling one of those out of a gig-bag?

I really DO appreciate the work which has gone in to the design and creation of the trio but, quite frankly, I thought they sounded crap.

P.

I'm probably completely wrong, of course but I can see those appealing more to collectors than players. Especially the BirdFish.

Possibly a large slice of the well-heeled picking fraternity will hoover them up too. Just because they can.

Seriously; can you imagine going down to your local spit'n'sawdust open jam and seeing someone pulling one of those out of a gig-bag?

I really DO appreciate the work which has gone in to the design and creation of the trio but, quite frankly, I thought they sounded crap.

P.

Pippy,

I'm with ya..

take the tesla as an example, just how you going to do anything up past the 11th fret???

as for the jams,, yep..

can't see how anyone is going to bring a $15,000 concoction (like that dogfish) to an open jam at a beer hall? :)

"Woa.. What the he!! is that"

LOL!

Speaking German for devil, where is Capmaster these days?

rct

I too am missing Capmaster - and Quapman - let's hope they are ok and will return.

Cap, Quap....hi and HNY!

Don't dig these guitars at all either, sorry....especially that one with the bars on...

as for the jams,, yep..

can't see how anyone is going to bring a $15,000 concoction (like that dogfish) to an open jam at a beer hall? :) ...

...and playing 'Mustang Sally' through any old amp which just happens to be plugged-in....?

Yup.

P.

Archived