Gibson Brands Forums

Slip Sliding Away....

Marshall Paul

Ben Harper is a pretty cool slide player. Though he doesn't have the skill a lot of other guys have, he certainly has a unique sound on his Weissenborn guitar.

Slide is great when players grab whatever there is around to play it. There is a video of Joe Satriani playing slide with his harmonica on his tune Big Bad Moon.

When I started at age 12, I was using an old discharged CO2 cartride! Used to put it between the index and middle finger. lol I have used a shot glass before as well.

Here's a thought. Which finger do you blokes use or prefer when sliding? I can alternate between middle and ring.

I was also given by my brother a special slide ring. It looks like a normal ring with a flat top except you reverse it around on your finger and any single notes that need sliding out of the blue, there you go, instant slide! Anyone have/heard of these?

And not only which finger?

What song do you prefer to slide to. Which one gets you blasting away, oblivious to everyone else, just in hog heaven!

I just love going dog-nuts to ZZ Top's "Tush". That just gets me happier than a fox in a chook house!

[rolleyes]

Archived