Gibson Brands Forums

Clint Searcy - "JailBreak"

Searcy

I wish it had a better guitar solo but I'm really not a very good guitar player.

Hah! You may not be a wankolian mode shredder, but you got plenty o' feel and taste. [thumbup]

And that wah sound is sick. Is that just your old stock Cry Baby? Sounds super rich and expressive - nice sweep to it too.

Wow.

I LIKE that, better than the original.

I swear, you got this thang that to me, sounds kinda swampy. Mojo.

If I may be a critic, you DO have good timing in your vocals, same as your riffage. You got boogie.

Thank you Stein. I'll never claim to be better than old Phil was but all this kindness is nice to hear. I have pretty good timing because I am a bass player. I try to be a singer and I just hack around at the guitar. With guitar I have figured out how to make a very limited vocabulary sound decent in the way Punk players do. I can groove. My timing is good. I can come up with a catchy hook. But I only know about 5 real chords which I rarely play and any frets above the 16th are purely for decoration on my guitars.

Hah! You may not be a wankolian mode shredder, but you got plenty o' feel and taste. [thumbup]

And that wah sound is sick. Is that just your old stock Cry Baby? Sounds super rich and expressive - nice sweep to it too.

Yes, It's an old 1974. I have about 7 or 8 wah pedals these days including two 1974 Thomas Organ TDK models but I always come back to the same one. It just has a little more expression that the rest although the CFH is nice too. I also used my 2011 Melody Maker SC that came to me with a snapped neck. The amp was actually my Roland and not the Marshall.

DSC_0198_01_zps4b76c5ca.jpg

Archived