Gibson Brands Forums

Should a Gibson LP Standard come with a "certificate"?

skilsaw

I'm home with my new LP.

Should a LP Standard come with a "certificate of authenticity"?

All it has to identify it as a Gibson is the name on the front of the headstock, and the Serial # on the back of the headstock.

I bought my son a Gibson L5 for Christmas and it came with a "Certificate of Authenticity"

I was expecting one in the Les Paul case but there is nothing.

When the guitars arrive at the store from the distributor, the guitars go in the showroom and the cases go out of sight in a back room somewhere. If documentation got lost, I suspect it happened at this time.

The guitar came from a reputable music store that is a Gibson dealer.

Maybe I'm just fretting about nothing. (fretting = little guitar joke, Ha ha)

I'll find instructions on how to post pictures to show off my new toy.

Gibson USA don't come with certificates, only Gibson Custom shop guitars have them.

With a USA (like your Standard) you normally get a pre pack checklist, warranty card, Gibson booklet, truss rod wrench and some nice silica gel packets.

To post photos most of the guys here use Photobucket then copy them over.

Congrats on the new LP [thumbup]

Gibson USA don't come with certificates, only Gibson Custom shop guitars have them.

Thanks.

I think there are Custom Shop Les Pauls, but they are all over $5,000. Thats 2014 prices.

Won't hazard a guess on the 2015 prices.

Part of the reason I sprung for a lP Standard just now is that I was able to pick up a brand new 2013 for the 2013 price.

I bought my son a Gibson L5 for Christmas and it came with a "Certificate of Authenticity"

you wouldn't happen to be look to adopt any more sons would you?

:)

I've never seen anything other than the QA checklist cards that were in the case

No "Certificates" (as mentioned) except CS models.

and pictures, or it didn't happen (here's how)

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/11005-sticky-how-to-post-photos/

If you buy a Gibson Acoustic you get Gibson picks, spare set of strings and a leather key ring, which kind of amused me for some strange reason.

Ian

ps I nearly forgot, the case also included a rather nice guitar as well [biggrin]

Archived