Gibson Brands Forums

Replacement Tuner

Silvercrow

Hi Good Folks!

They say theres no such thing as a stupid question (be nice I'm a friggin' newbie!)- you wanna bet? I am LOVIN' my new to me Gibson LP Studio Faded- and besides the usual playwear (very light) one of the bass side tuning pegs is bent. I know if I try to bend it straight it's be a VBT (very bad thing). Is it possible to buy just one? Maybe a better question- is it PROBABLE to find just one to buy? I'm hoping that since they are singles there may just be a place to buy solo tuners. Any direction welcome- snide comments deflected with grace! Seriously- thanks guys...

Brian

lots of choices.

I'll assume that the guitar is used, otherwise you'd take it back to the dealer and ask them to do a warranty repair.

I had to do a google to look up the Studio Faded.. and I see that the tuners look like this set I found on Fea-Bay for you

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3cf089e293

or a single one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Kluson-Deluxe-Tuner-Peg-W-Guitar-Parts-Les-Paul-Tuning-Machine-Head-Key-/381119894841?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item58bc841539

no you must buy by the gross.

just kidding! but honestly sometimes depending on where you buy from, it may be a better deal to just buy a whole set i.e. you can but one tuner for $22 or get a set of 6 for $40. in a situation like yours, i would probably buy a set then sell off the old ones or keep them around for parts. i might even consider changing the style/color or even upgrading to locking tuners but that might not even be necessary.

check amazon(an official dealer) and if that fails you price-wise, then ebay.

THANKS- both of you. For some reason I seem to always forget e-bay (Freudian reason?). And a GREAT idea to buy a set and sell the others. I WON'T be asking $20.00/per though! I'll be VERY happy if I could get the replacement and make my money back for the remainder. Things are expensive enough these days...MHO.

Thanks again guys!

Brian

Archived