Gibson Brands Forums

NG and Earings Day

Marshall Paul

You've got it mate, no worries. And I'll be trying it out through my Vox 30 as well! Have you seen his amp wall on stage? Last time I counted, it was something like 12! That's 12 Vox 30's being re-miked! Whoa!

Hows about these then.. in my guitar searches I found this Luthier who makes guitars for Brian...

8698785_orig_zps590dee32.jpg

7912289_orig_zpsa625194d.jpg

2894822_orig_zps9c3215eb.jpg

And he has a few more types.. pretty cool

http://www.guytonguitars.com/brian-may.html

Whoa, a double neck! Does Brian actually use that one? I reckon if I see him up on stage playing stairway to heaven with that one, then I've seen everything! lol

This is what the blurb says

The 12/6 doubleneck

Sometime during the mid 'noughts', after a brief conversation with Pete Malandrone, I designed a double necked version of the famed Red Special. After a few emails backwards and forwards with Brian, a design was finalised and construction cautiously began. Before the build was finished, I got my head together with my good friend Nigel Knight of Knight Audio Technologies, he suggested a new electronic layout, a volume for each neck rather than the normal volume and tone arrangement, and a row of small toggle switches to control the pickup on/off and phase reversal of the 12 string pickups. The instrument was finally finished during the summer of 2011 in time for the short Queen tour with vocalist Adam Lambert.

Gawd damn! he actually uses one, wow. I like it. I'd like to find some more stuff with him using this, the varying application possibilities are staggering!

Who's the gay kid with all the spikes on himself?

Awe, that's too cool to pass up! I've got to get her a set of these. Her birthday is actually comming up next month, these would be perfect!

Gotta do it! Thanks mate. I'll be sure to give you credit when she unwraps them.

[thumbup][biggrin] LOL!

(just a thought...does that then mean I can get another git?)

Awe, that's too cool to pass up! I've got to get her a set of these. Her birthday is actually comming up next month, these would be perfect!

Gotta do it! Thanks mate. I'll be sure to give you credit when she unwraps them.

[thumbup][biggrin] LOL!

(just a thought...does that then mean I can get another git?)

Next month? Well that was bloody perfect timing.

In fact you can get two shiny new pauls.

Glad you like them.

Archived