Gibson Brands Forums

What Kluson style tulip tuners are these? Value?

MorrisrownSal

After a successful tuner swap, I want to sell the Kluson-style green tulips that came on my Southern Jumbo True Vintage.

They don't have a brand name on them, although they do say "Japan" on the backs. I think that makes them Gotoh?

Does anyone know what exact tuners these are so that I may attach a value to them ? And if anyone wants to buy them , just email me at SalArnuk at gmail dot com

These :

IMG_1928_zps5b8a470e.jpg

I would guess those are the Gotoh-made 14:1 Kluson Keystones.

If so New sets are not terribly expensive to begin with so I would imagine used they are worth about $20-$25.00

Even with old tuners the value pretty much depends on the value of the guitars on which they were used. If you have a guitar worth tens of thousands of dollars and want to keep it original you are more inclined to dig deep in your pocket for parts. Personally, I tend to keep a bunch of tuners around. You ever know when you will need them.

As a set of "real" Klusons for an LP can be had for about $40 new, the used "no-names" would only bring $15 or $20.

There has not been a "real" Kluson since 1974. A set of original no line or single line Klusons for a 1950s Les Paul can bring in the hundreds of dollars.

Sal, did you get any takers on your offer to give tuners away for the cost of shipping ? I'd be in, depending on what you estimate shipping to Calif. to be.

Also your new tuners are the same ones on my Banner SJ reissue except mine are the shiny ones. I think you highly improved the look of you guitar with the new tuners.

Frank.

After a successful tuner swap, I want to sell the Kluson-style green tulips that came on my Southern Jumbo True Vintage.

They don't have a brand name on them, although they do say "Japan" on the backs. I think that makes them Gotoh?

Does anyone know what exact tuners these are so that I may attach a value to them ? And if anyone wants to buy them , just email me at SalArnuk at gmail dot com

These :

IMG_1928_zps5b8a470e.jpg

Sal--I did a swap as well on my SJTV and ended up selling my tulips for $20 including shipping, so obviously I didn't clear much. I'm also pretty sure they are Gotohs.

Archived