Gibson Brands Forums

I want to see your Hummingbirds!

Jesse_Dylan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats man! I too have one! Best neck I've felt on any guitar. Best neck set too

Sound is elegant and sweet.

Mine, since THIS MORNING!!!!

story goes like this:

i tried this particular guitar in november in famous Santa Monica guitar store...

before i put my hand on this one, i tried all the new models of hummingbird, i was specifically looking for a Hummingbird as i already got a J45 True Vintage.

i tried True Vintage, regular model, whatever, none was sounding great compared to my J45TV.

i finally give up and on the way out, i noticed a used hummingbird up on the wall... ask for a try... and BAMMMMM it sounded so great, the classic hummingbird sound you hear in the stones and other old records... the neck was fabulous.... oh my....

i had to go and come back to my pacific island, and started to dream of this particular guitar...

long story short, i tried to sell a bunch of vintage gear locally, but didn't managed until early january...

fortunatly the guitar was still on sell...

i sent a message to the shop, ask if the guitar was still available... it was... what a miracle, almost two months after...

Mark the seller has been really helpful to manage the deal.... and i paied for it..

but i had to wait almost 3 weeks more... when a friend of mine had a trip in san francisco and was able to pick it up in santa monica on the way back...

the guitar arrived this morning...

i'm soooooo happy since it's the best acoustic Gibson i ever tried or dreamed of...

it's a 50th anniversay... man this guitar is good... and nice... i'm sorry the pix don't do it justice...

Ben

Archived