Gibson Brands Forums

Congratulations to Patriots & Seahawks

L8_4thesh0w

The entire city of Chicago and the State of Illinois sent the Seahawks a bunch of mojo.

Glad it worked.

Now that the Packers are out, I don't much care.....

Oh yea,......

Cubbies 2015.......

[flapper]

+1 !. pissed me off. Packers gave it away ...

I wouldn't say that. Packers played a GREAT game, nothing to be ashamed of there.

There is a degree of luck involved with football. Definitely, one HAS to say the Seahawks got lucky as much as the Packers got unlucky. But playing a bad game? Not even. Packers played a great game, INCLUDING doing what they had to do to win when they had to do it.

But man, were they unlucky!

I want to see a good game, and see it earned, rather than any team win.

Neither are "my" team. Being in Portland, there are a lot of 'Hawks fans, being they are the closest team.

One side of me wants to see the Hawks win, because of the "defence dynasty" deal and what that means to the sport, to see the forgotten positions get some glory.

On the other hand, I want to see Brady get his.

Niether is my team that I have any real affection for, but there is enough at stake to make it interesting for me.

I want to see a GAME, a real genuine contest.

That's gotta be gossip. It's truly stupid to think it is really the result of anything, or changes anything.

Over here in the Boston area, it's all over the news.

I don't know enough about how the NFL handles the balls, but in the 4 or 5 million games that I've watched, the refs and the ball handlers are controlling the balls on the field ALL game long.

I know there's a different ball used for kickoffs than is used for line of scrimmage play, and we do know that all the teams do submit their balls used during the game to the officials who check them before and during the games. Once the balls are given to the officials before the game, as far as I know, the team only touches them once the refs place them during regulation play.

In short, this is a load of BS.. my guess is the NFL wanted their two new blow-boys (Wilson and Luck) to square off in two weeks, but since the Colts got their A$$es handed to them, the league is now creating this smoke screen to discredit the team. . Pats have been to the super bowl 6 times in the last 15 years. They don't want them there any more, the NFL is done with Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck.

where are the facts?

who said what?

Where did this originate from? (the Colts) this has spy gate written all over it. We all know what happened there and we ALL know that every friggen team in the game has done this at one time or another, and continue to, The Pats got rated out by another team of sore losers (The Jets)

Honestly, The NFL is a disgrace.

Wait till the truth about Vegas and the NFL comes out one fine day. This is a 25+ billion dollar industry, follow the money. It all leads to Las Vegas.

Over here in the Boston area, it's all over the news.

I don't know enough about how the NFL handles the balls, but in the 4 or 5 million games that I've watched, the refs and the ball handlers are controlling the balls on the field ALL game long.

I know there's a different ball used for kickoffs than is used for line of scrimmage play, and we do know that all the teams do submit their balls used during the game to the officials who check them before and during the games. Once the balls are given to the officials before the game, as far as I know, the team only touches them once the refs place them during regulation play.

In short, this is a load of BS..

Yea, I agree. Not only does it seem far too risky, or even impossible to be able to "effect" the ball, but to do so giving your team an advantage?

But mostly, what I would react to, is the fact that some would even THINK this is a credible enough charge to print it, or bring it up. I would genuinely be embarrassed to make such a charge. I would be embarrassed to be expected to be taken seriously.

Of corse, I don't know a thing about it. If it was true....

This is NOT what the sport, or "American" sports is about. What happenned to the days when the players, teams, and the fans cared more about sportsmanship and SPORTS than the politics, dis-crediting others, and team names?

If a team or a player can't have a contest and loose gracefully, they don't have any business being in the business.

Archived