Gibson Brands Forums

Cool doc on the Chicago Blues scene 1972

Rabs

I will definitely watch that as I was actually there then. I lived there from 1971 - through 1979. Am I in this documentary? :o Lol

I saw a lot of incredible players up close & personal back then - you never knew who would walk into a club in Old Town Chicago & what was amazing was how fast the clubs would fill up to the point you literally could not move - and bear in mind this was way before anyone had, let alone heard of a "cell phone". Thanks for posting this - it will be excellent to watch & reminisce. [thumbup]

If I actually see myself in a crowd anywhere I will point myself out & make everyone I know watch it.. lol [biggrin]

I will definitely watch that as I was actually there then. I lived there from 1971 - through 1979. Am I in this documentary? :o Lol

I saw a lot of incredible players up close & personal back then - you never knew who would walk into a club in Old Town Chicago & what was amazing was how fast the clubs would fill up to the point you literally could not move - and bear in mind this was way before anyone had, let alone heard of a "cell phone". Thanks for posting this - it will be excellent to watch & reminisce. [thumbup]

If I actually see myself in a crowd anywhere I will point myself out & make everyone I know watch it.. lol [biggrin]

No worries man always a pleasure :)

When I find stuff this cool I always have to share it.. And I didn't know much about that scene (apart from the Blues Brothers :)), when you hear about original blues its always about Mississippi Delta type stuff and the south in general.. This doc is like a slice of American history as well as having some great performances on it.. You can see that it was like a second wave where they had moved north expecting a better life and ending up in a city slum... No wonder they still had the blues...

Archived