Gibson Brands Forums

I've seen it all now.

LarryUK

$100,000? used? who are they fooling? that's beyond a joke. That has definitely slipped from the sublime to the outrageously ridiculous! for that price, I'd expect a morning cup of coffee and a BJ to boot!

[thumbdn]

just about every ad I see for a used JP #1 or #2 (or # whatever), they never seem to have fitted out on them what made them a unique JP LP in the first place. The phase reversal and series/parallel switching! where's the DPDT switches under the pickguard?

just about every ad I see for a used JP #1 or #2 (or # whatever), they never seem to have fitted out on them what made them a unique JP LP in the first place. The phase reversal and series/parallel switching! where's the DPDT switches under the pickguard?...

I'm probably mistaken but the s/h guitar in the ad is a replica of Page's #1. I think the electronic gubbins you mention was a feature of his #2.

P.

EDIT : is this what you were meaning, MP?;

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Jimmy-Page-Number-Two-Les-Paul/Features.aspx

I'm probably mistaken but the s/h guitar in the ad is a replica of Page's #1. I think the electronic gubbins you mention was a feature of his #2.

P.

EDIT : is this what you were meaning, MP?;

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Jimmy-Page-Number-Two-Les-Paul/Features.aspx

Prolly shouldn't include the bow then?

LOL! you crew crack me up, thanks! getting my sense of humour back now.

How much were these when they were first released?

I still have a hard time justifying paying that much for a 2004 Standard that was probably played for all of about 5 min by the man, and then signed somewhere. And that's it. No unique JP features so no unique JP sound.

#2 was immediately modified the new way, #1 was also modified but only after he modded #2 and found it all viable. So both got the treatment. I have absolutely no idea what this #7 is all about.

I'm with you L8, if I'm going to pay that much for the guitar, throw the damn bow in too!

lol

I'd be so disappointed to spend that much on a guitar and still sound like me!! ;)

I totally get your wisdom here.

As for how much sounding like me is worth to me, I certainly wouldn't put that at 100k. I don't think ANYONE would put a value of 100k to sound like me either.

But geeze, to sound like I USED to sound, probably would COST 100k.

Archived