Gibson Brands Forums

Meet my new organ player

surfpup

He works cheap and he doesn't run up a bar tab...

IMG_4612_2.jpg

This thing is really cool. It just showed up this evening and it took no time to get good sounds

out of it. I ran the organ and the dry sound to two different Fender amps and used a volume pedal

to bring the organ sound in to augment the guitar sound. You can hear me bringing it in and out

in this super quickie cell phone vid. One setting even adds a nice "bass" tone which I think I

can use on a lot of songs in my bassless trio.

Yeah I remember seeing those I think when the Andertons guys did a demo..

Pretty cool toy.. wouldn't mind having a play with one of those myself..

So is that your video?

Yes, just a quickie as I said - on the cell phone.

I have one of these, they are a lot of fun. They also have the C9 pedal now, it offers some different organ sounds.

Yeah, I liked some of the sounds on the C9 and some on the B9. Wish you could mix and match. A couple of the B9 sounds I don't think I will ever use.

I bought one too, I found it's fun to play with at home in your studio but in band rehearsals it kinda got lost in the mix and muddied everything up… Haven't tried it since.

It works best with using two outs, one dry and one for the B9. Run the B9 into the mixer/PA and not into the guitar cab, for best results.

• 1 month later...

Quick update for those interested in the B9 or C9 organ pedals...

I'm a few gigs into this set up now and it's amazing. I split my signal on the pedal board so that the B9 pedal is a separate path (it has two outs - dry and wet). I sent the wet (organ) out to a volume pedal and to its own amplifier on stage (a 1969 Princeton) and I mic that amp as well as the dry signal which goes through my dirt boxes to its own amp (1968 Princeton Reverb). It's sooo fat - and I can bring the organ in as much or as little as needed for each song. I use the #5 sound (low end) as a pseudo bass player on a lot of songs that don't really need a true organ sound.

I can see how this pedal would not work in a large band, but for a small trio like us (acoustic guitar, electric guitar and light percussion) it's absolutely perfect!

So far [thumbup][thumbup] Two thumbs up on the B9 pedal!

Sounds are cool, but it seems it just doubles whatever you play(although in the clip it didn't always sound that way).

So here's a project for you. While someone is singing a verse, you just play the backing chords (with the volume pedal down on the organ gizmo)and run it through a looper. Then when it's time for the guitar solo, you hit the looper and the organ volume pedal, so it plays the backing chords and then you play the lead guitar over it. Lots of buttons to step on very quickly, but should sound like you have a separate organ not playing exactly the same notes you play. Not sure if all that could be done, but I have faith in you.

Sounds are cool, but it seems it just doubles whatever you play(although in the clip it didn't always sound that way).

So here's a project for you. While someone is singing a verse, you just play the backing chords (with the volume pedal down on the organ gizmo)and run it through a looper. Then when it's time for the guitar solo, you hit the looper and the organ volume pedal, so it plays the backing chords and then you play the lead guitar over it. Lots of buttons to step on very quickly, but should sound like you have a separate organ not playing exactly the same notes you play. Not sure if all that could be done, but I have faith in you.

[biggrin] Yeah, I like the way you think. I just can't get the looper to work in real gig time though. Maybe if we actually practiced or something. :rolleyes:

He works cheap and he doesn't run up a bar tab...

IMG_4612_2.jpg

This thing is really cool. It just showed up this evening and it took no time to get good sounds

out of it. I ran the organ and the dry sound to two different Fender amps and used a volume pedal

to bring the organ sound in to augment the guitar sound. You can hear me bringing it in and out

in this super quickie cell phone vid. One setting even adds a nice "bass" tone which I think I

can use on a lot of songs in my bassless trio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B396FOzYQtY&feature=youtu.be

Nice! I have one and absolutely LOVE mine. How are you liking it? Electro-Harmonix has a C9 out now, too. Haven't tried it, yet. Would like to try it and see how it compares to the B9.

Archived