Gibson Brands Forums

New Zakk Wylde brand guitars

Searcy

Wouldn't be surprised if this is Gibson sponsored.

Headstocks remind me of B.C. Rich.

In the metal community, i don't really see a lot of talk for Zakk Wylde. He defiantly has his own image and sound going, but i'm not so sure if it's enough to really have his own guitar and amp company. Though honestly, the last thing we need is more mediocre guitars with EMG pickups. It's typical fashion for most metal guitar players to go down that route.

More power to him though, i really do wish him luck. Even though I'm against the product being sold...

I dont think any of them are being made at this point, its ok with me I didnt want any lol. The Epi Zakk Les Paul with a maple peghead was a safer pet as Epi pegheads break easy. It just is so obvious with everything he does he is ripping off someone else's designs. He did that to BOSS when he had Jim Dunlop and MXR make copies of his BOSS OD-1 and BOSS CE-2. The MXR Black Label pedals are the EXACT same pedal stuck into an MXR box. Its obvious his guitars are going to be distorted (to avoid lawsuits) copies of his Gibsons. His amps will be rip offs of his Marshalls.

Not impressed myself. msp_thumbdn.gif

Yup.. same here...

I will look at the designs out of some kind of morbid like curiosity.. but that's as far as my interest goes...

His Gibson/Epi designs were enough to turn me off for life... [unsure] (let alone the EMGs groooooooan!)

I thought Zakk was ok as a young player when Ozzie brought him in to play all the Ozzie classics of Randy and Jake, etc. Initially, he was good at that. But even Ozzy got sick of him and dropped him as his style started creeping into everything he played. I have a hard time differentiating any notes he plays as his dropped tuning, the tone of those EMGs and his playing style just sound like muddy crap to me. But I'm sure some kids out there will just have to trade in their Warlocks for one of those hideous Wylde designs.

Archived