Gibson Brands Forums

Fender Squire Telecaster.

LarryUK

Yes. In fact I have the same model in the pic. I have over the years owned American Fenders, Mexican Fenders, and Squiers from several different MFG origins. Both Strats and Telecasters. And IMO the Squire Telecasters are the Squier model that most closely represent the "real" Fender feel and sound. Most of the Squire Strats, except the early Mexican ones, are scaled down and much lighter guitars. But the Squire Telecasters are of similar size & weight to real McCoy and definitely have that real Telecaster feel, tone & twang. The main differences is that instead of a bridge where the strings attach through the body as in a real Tele. They attach directly to the bridge on the Squire Tele. And of course cheaper pick ups.

If you want a Telecaster and can't afford the real thing, IMO you will be well satisfied w/the Squire Tele. Especially if you upgrade the pups.

That's the model I want and I'm toying with the idea of picking one up cheap either 2nd hand or on eBay...

I got my daughter a Squire Classic Vibe 60's Strat and was pleasantly surprised with the quality and sound. I hear much of the same for contemporary Teles...

Yes.

I, too, have exactly the same model as in the pic.

There is a considerable difference in the output from the p'ups - the neck is far lower (at least it is on my example) - so in a stage situation it wouldn't be ideal but that aside?

No complaints whatsoever. Sure; the switch is flimsy and the tuners could be better but for mucking around on it's pretty perfect.

The satin-finish of the neck also glosses up with a bit of use and believe it or not it's the nicest maple 'board I've ever experienced on a Fender.

FWIW back in the '80s I had one of the bound Tele Custom re-issues and, IMX, the Squier one does pretty much all that the R-I did.

P.

I bought the Classic Vibe 50's version which looks like the picture you posted.

I added a P90 at the Neck & a B5 Bigsby. I bought it to experiment with this Setup. If I liked it, and I really do, I was going to buy an American Standard Tele & do the same Mods. A new Custom Shop version of this Guitar costs about $4400.00.

This Guitar plays and sounds so good I don't need to.

Lars

The main differences is that instead of a bridge where the strings attach through the body as in a real Tele. They attach directly to the bridge on the Squire Tele.

The Squier Classic Vibe series have the string-thru-body bridge. I also have a Squier Vintage Modified model that has the bridge with the strings thru the body.

The Squier Classic Vibe series have the string-thru-body bridge. I also have a Squier Vintage Modified model that has the bridge with the strings thru the body.

Yes, that's correct. I believe the one pictured above is an Affintiy series. I've been looking for one of the Butterscotch Pine-bodied CVs (the original Teles were Pine), but can't find one locally to check out. Not being a real Fender guy, I'm really picky about what I'm buying. Actually thought I didn't like Strats at all until I built my own, so they're not a guitar I'd chance buying online.

Yes, I know...my inner "Old Fart" is showing...

The Tele is in a local ad. I'm going to see it today. Also, I've won a bid on eBay for an acoustic. I often bid on things just to take a chance. It worked this time. The guitar is a Caraya. I won it for £26,caraya_zpse9797624.jpg so it's no loss whatever it's like. I often look at cheap guitars with a view to buying them and giving them to local schools, so the kids have a start.

ebay_zps98e389f2.jpg

I know, I remember that. They weren't made here is alls I'm sayin here.

I wasn't sure so I looked it up. I'd heard of some American made Squiers. I think they lost the Fuji Gen agreement and had to fill some demand so they made them here for a year or two.

zxbo.jpg

I wasn't sure so I looked it up. I'd heard of some American made Squiers. I think they lost the Fuji Gen agreement and had to fill some demand so they made them here for a year or two.

zxbo.jpg

I know about them.

Some of the early Japanese guitars had the same decal on them. What's funny about them is that the decal de-values them in the eyes of Crafted In Japan fanboys.

rct

Archived