Gibson Brands Forums

Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit (Grace Slick, Woodstock, aug 17 1969)

4Hayden

Grace was a looker back than. I think I remember reading she were so wasted on acid she barley remembers playing the festival.

Well, she pulled it off in that video, and then some. It's hard to believe she would have been on acid right there. Maybe that was later... :-k

I think I remember reading she were so wasted on acid she barley remembers playing the festival.

Oh Geeze, not again. From what I just read, it is less likely she was on acid and more likely she'd been drinking, smoking pot, and/or doing cocaine. The band had been up all night. They were supposed to have played the night before, but kept getting pushed back and ended up playing in the morning. Her recollection seems to be pretty lucid (from what I've read).

And yes... very babelicious.

Oh Geeze, not again. From what I just read, it is less likely she was on acid and more likely she'd been drinking, smoking pot, and/or doing cocaine. The band had been up all night. They were supposed to have played the night before, but kept getting pushed back and ended up playing in the morning. Her recollection seems to be pretty lucid (from what I've read).

And yes... very babelicious.

That white dress she has on with no bra Mmmm mmm mmmm

She was hot back in the day. And is quite a corker to this day. Check youtube for modern day interviews. SHe calls em as she see's em and doesn't care who doesn't like it.

I think I recall n an interview that she said there was a scheduling snafu. And that when called to perform they (she) had been up all night partying. She was both wasted and tired.

Other tidbits of info was that she was a bit older than the average hippie musician. At Woodstock she was nearing 30 years old. And from an affluent east coast family, she also went to college with and was in same class as Trisha Nixon.

Her father was an investment banker she went to good schools. The morning after there Woodstock show the Jefferson Airplane were on the **** Cavett Woodstock show that evening .She was in good form that night along with other Woodstock performers David Crosby,Stephen Stills and one singer who was supposed to appear but on the advice of her agent who thought she would get more exposure on the Cavett show Joni Mitchell. Mitchell penned the song Woodstock from watching on TV with her agent. if you like Grace Slick she was smoking hot in the 60's watch the Monterey Pop Festival from I think 1967 on YouTube. She was amazing in top voice and really hot.

Archived