Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone know any good music videos?

sg50

43 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

'St. Louis Blues' was also a movie. 

Wikipedia says:

"A music video is a short film that integrates a song with imagery, and is produced for promotional or artistic purposes.[1] Modern music videos are primarily made and used as a marketing device intended to promote the sale of music recordings."

St. Louis Blues is a short film. 15 minutes. 

• Like 1

Just now, jaxson50 said:

St. Louis Blues is a short film. 15 minutes long, produced to be viewed between feature films at theaters,  the only place available at the time, for the expressed purpose of selling records.,

If nothing else, it was a pioneer of the music video

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Gabriel lay under a sheet of glass for 16 hours while filming the video one frame at a time.

"It took a lot of hard work," Gabriel recalled. "I was thinking at the time, 'If anyone wants to try and copy this video, good luck to them."

Two dead, headless, featherless chickens were animated using stop-motion and shown dancing along to the synthesised shakuhachi solo in the middle of the song. "

That album was the  last straw for me with Peter. I like Scratching Air and Melting Face the best.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

16 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

You missed some good stuff then. 

He's starting to look like the "old man" version of himself in the Steam video.  

Screenshot-20200611-140952-2.png

Oh, Ive heard So many times, enough to know I can't take it, and the rest that came after. If Peter wants to Kiss The Frog he is welcome to it. Digging In The Dirt was a cool song.

When he left Genesis they started to tank, little by little with each new album. After Steve left forget it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

10 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Gabriel lay under a sheet of glass for 16 hours while filming the video one frame at a time.

"It took a lot of hard work," Gabriel recalled. "I was thinking at the time, 'If anyone wants to try and copy this video, good luck to them."

Two dead, headless, featherless chickens were animated using stop-motion and shown dancing along to the synthesised shakuhachi solo in the middle of the song. "

That's a classic! 

Great videos, with Grace Potter and the Nokturnals. Videos from the ancient time, probably from 60s, are interesting too.  And funny video, saxophone and echo in the pipe.

This another funny video from our Russian funnymen, unfortunately one of them has already died. This is from Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Neapolitan… cough  :rolleyes:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NSld0Jth_CY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Or the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=11&v=NSld0Jth_CY&feature=emb_logo