Gibson Brands Forums

Question for People Who Have Purchased from Sam Ash

RevDavidLee

Ever since I bought that Gibson 70's Tribute SG from them they have been calling me like every other day. Sometimes they leave messages asking me to call them to discuss my purchase, sometimes no message. It's like I'm being stalked. It's one of the reasons I quit doing business with Sweetwater. I'm just curious to know if others who have purchased from them get this kind of attention. :unsure:

I bought a used Fender American 50 th anniversary strat from them , don't remember what year I bought it. They called me to find out if I like it and was it ok, only call I ever got from them.Them guitar was in perfect shape.

4H

Sweetwater quit calling me when they called as I was in the process of covering a football game.

Now I call... although I get their online weekly "news."

I'll wager that there's some sort of statistic that shows if you buy now, you're likely to OD with another quick purchase.

m

Saturn...

Matt here too...

Frankly with the work schedule piling up more and more... it's cut my playing time which slows my buying.

m

Yeah. He's such a nice guy I sometimes feel guilty when I don't buy anything from him. :)

Guest Farnsbarns

Yeah. He's such a nice guy I sometimes feel guilty when I don't buy anything from him. :)

yup.

That sounds like someone I want to employ. Do you have his number? [lol]

Marketing and information gathering from typical internet browsing has reached new heights. You have bought a lot recently and I'm sure they know that and you've reached frequent buyer status.

I looked for a garden hose nozzle the other day and every time I logged on afterwards I got ads for nozzles. I did a trial search for bras the other day to see if my suspicion was correct and to achieve a change of scene. Much to my pleasure, I am correct.

Marketing and information gathering from typical internet browsing has reached new heights. You have bought a lot recently and I'm sure they know that and you've reached frequent buyer status.

I looked for a garden hose nozzle the other day and every time I logged on afterwards I got ads for nozzles. I did a trial search for bras the other day to see if my suspicion was correct and to achieve a change of scene. Much to my pleasure, I am correct.

Same happened to me years ago after browsing for and finally buying a top-opening freezer. For months they bombed me with freezer advertising via web. How many freezers do they think I need the same time? [rolleyes]

But obviously it all was my mistake in the end. I had bought it then in person at a store, not via web, so perhaps they didn't get I already got me one. [woot]

I like ads and advertising. It's the American way.

I'll take free TV with commercials any day. And be grateful. Beats paying for it and getting commercials anyway.

Calling? that's a bit much. But guess what, it wasn't long ago when we had to put up with telemarketers. Now, that industry has been replaced with BILL COLLECTERS.

See it? I'll take Sam Ash calling me over a bill collecter calling me ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!

I like ads and advertising. It's the American way.

I'll take free TV with commercials any day. And be grateful. Beats paying for it and getting commercials anyway.

Calling? that's a bit much. But guess what, it wasn't long ago when we had to put up with telemarketers. Now, that industry has been replaced with BILL COLLECTERS.

See it? I'll take Sam Ash calling me over a bill collecter calling me ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!

I've never had a bill collector call me in my life.

I've never had a bill collector call me in my life.

I had one try to go all Rambo on me one time. Knowing that "this call may be monitored, blah, blah, blah" I baited him. The un-pleasantries escalated then I told him the only difference between us was that he had no idea where I lived,

(as my "city" address encompasses the entire NE quadrant of my county and some of the next and at the time I was living in the next.) but I've been to Cincinnatti several times and knew exactly how long it would take me to get there.

The lady who called backed a couple of days later was very nice.

Guest Farnsbarns

It's a service Google openly supply to advertisers. It's called ReMarketing, when you hit a site the Google cookie on your computer records that. The website owner then pays (per click) for their Google ads to be displayed to you as a priority over other Google ads.

Lots of websites display Google ads, anyone can do so and can recieve a tiny payment for each click. As a result, after viewing bras you were targeted with bra adverts.

I understand people's concerns about that. My own stance is this, as it stands, I would prefer targeted ads than non targeted ads on the websites I visit. That said, it is disconcerting just how much data Google have.

Archived