Gibson Brands Forums

Roland GR-55 Gtr Synth

10K-DB

Was looking @ my GC catalog today,,and have been thinking of a Roland GTR synth for yrs,,for added textures to recordings{strings/brass/piano/B-3 organ tones ect} and was wondering if anybody has used the GR-55 Roland recently,and what they thought of the unit? It lists for 800$ US,,But my local GC doesnt have one in house. Thanks for any feedback. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-GR-55-Guitar-Synthesizer-106510936-i1762346.gc

Thanks for any feedback.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. That is, the keyboardist and the guitar player, respectively. For that kind of money, it makes sense that it doubles as an audio interface, and they threw in a looper. I thought it might be a bit limited, but apparently it's got quite a bank of presets. I only use presets on my Motif XS7; it's got a bank of acoustic guitars, and another bank of electrics. [wink]

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. That is, the keyboardist and the guitar player, respectively. For that kind of money, it makes sense that it doubles as an audio interface, and they threw in a looper. I thought it might be a bit limited, but apparently it's got quite a bank of presets. I only use presets on my Motif XS7; it's got a bank of acoustic guitars, and another bank of electrics. [wink]

Thanks so much for the info,,I tell ya,,after seeing these vids,,IM SOLD!! Will be my next gear purchase for sure,,

Whoa!,,I see why you bought this one,,amazing features + tones. Although,,I dont play keyboards,,I can appreciate this unit. Post some vids of your playing of your unit,would be interested to check them out. Cheers!

Archived