Gibson Brands Forums

Patriots or Sea Hawks

Californiaman

A (no doubt dumb) question on this from ignorant Aussie if I may - I don't know much about gridiron (as its known here) apart from that a team called the Patriots usually seems to win. I think the only league we have in Australia (certainly on TV) is state based and the players are all women in lingerie (which is cool), but anyway....

Seattle is a town/city right?, and New England is what - a group of several states? .. how does that work and how they do areas get split up into teams? (the city team vs one state team vs several states team 'rule' of however it came to be) [confused]

thanks.

A (no doubt dumb) question on this from ignorant Aussie if I may - I don't know much about gridiron (as its known here) apart from that a team called the Patriots usually seems to win. I think the only league we have in Australia (certainly on TV) is state based and the players are all women in lingerie (which is cool), but anyway....

Seattle is a town/city right?, and New England is what - a group of several states? .. how does that work and how they do areas get split up into teams? (the city team vs one state team vs several states team 'rule' of however it came to be) [confused]

thanks.

That's actually a good question. In most cases the team is associated with the city they play in. But in a few cases they represent an entire state, as in the Minnesota Vikings. The Patriots seem to play for the entire East Coast north of New York. Even though their stadium is right outside of Boston. Don't ask me why. :rolleyes:

Its just a branding/fan-base motivational issue. New York has Giants & Jets & Buffalo Bills. Pennsylvania has Eagles & Steelers.

Patriots are located in Foxboro Massachusetts but get a larger audience with the rest of New England.

Vikings were mentioned & Arizona & Tennessee have that same broad contingency.

Then there are the Carolina Panthers with 2 states; North & South.

More fans makes it easier for a young team to compete.

Pretty sorry ending to an -otherwise- good game.

It was a good game. At least it wasn't a runaway. It sure started off slow, but that 29-second drive to a touchdown at the end of the first half was pretty impressive. Then, with less than 2 minutes left, the Seahawks on the brink of winning, aaaaahh! what an anti-climax!

New England is what - a group of several states?

New England is Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine.

for guys who like pictures..

New-England_zps9dv7kbik.jpg

It's more of a "term" for the north east than an formal "state" or I guess you guys may think province?

Then, with less than 2 minutes left, the Seahawks on the brink of winning, aaaaahh! what an anti-climax!

I beg your pardon?

Depends on your location, it's always about location Cougar,, location,location, location

and mine happened to be about 45 miles west of Boston.

[thumbup]

One yard to go to win, 3 downs, one time out and a running back whose nickname is Beast, and you PASS the ball? One of the dumbest calls ever, and why I like the Seahawks, but not PC. Just sorry to see NE win again (actually Seattle lost, NE didn't win).

Archived