Gibson Brands Forums

Patriots or Sea Hawks

Californiaman

I was for Seattle. I couldn't believe that last play. Why throw the ball when you have a couple of downs and timeouts left, that close to the goal line, and when you got a running back like Marshawn Lynch? I like Pete Carroll, but that was a very bad call on his part. Seattle could've and should've won the Super Bowl.

Worst play to ever be called in Super Bowl history. Three chances to run the ball 3 feet for the win (arguably), and they put the ball in the air—and not only that, they put the ball in air at the center where everyone is. Hell, Wilson could have run it in himself.

Pats lucked out… again.

I was for Seattle. I couldn't believe that last play. Why throw the ball when you have a couple of downs and timeouts left, that close to the goal line, and when you got a running back like Marshawn Lynch? I like Pete Carroll, but that was a very bad call on his part. Seattle could've and should've won the Super Bowl.

I agree. I personally didn't care who won. I was watching it more for the commercials (which was a big disappointment again this year). But I was slightly pulling more for the Seahawks because they are NFC. Couldn't believe that "on the ground" catch to even set up the final situation. It's like Seattle was destined to win. Oh well, that's life. [flapper]

I agree. I personally didn't care who won. I was watching it more for the commercials (which was a big disappointment again this year). But I was slightly pulling more for the Seahawks because they are NFC. Couldn't believe that "on the ground" catch to even set up the final situation. It's like Seattle was destined to win. Oh well, that's life. [flapper]

I'm not a Patriots fan by any means, so I was for Seattle. That was a very bad call. I bet Pete Carroll lost some sleep over that.

Pats lucked out… again.

Dude, if anyone lucked out, it was the Seahawks with that on the ground, bobble the ball three times catch. that was madness.

anyway, I do think that's one Pete would like to take back and try again.

but that was an amazing pickoff by malcom butler.

Pats lucked out… again.

Dude, if anyone lucked out, it was the Seahawks with that on the ground, bobble the ball three times catch. that was madness.

Well, you say that but don't seem to recall that the Hawks drove the length of the field and scored a touchdown using only 29 seconds to end the first half.

I went into the week before the game favoring the Hawks because I like Russell Wilson. But after the idiotic press conferences, the classless touchdown celebration by their WR (#89), Richard Sherman's loud mouth, and Pete Carroll's weirdness and inane play call, I ended up wishing they'd both lose.

Worst play to ever be called in Super Bowl history. Three chances to run the ball 3 feet for the win (arguably), and they put the ball in the air—and not only that, they put the ball in air at the center where everyone is. Hell, Wilson could have run it in himself.

Pats lucked out… again.

Pats lucked out… again....? Not really, bad call by the quaterback was bad play on behalf of the team... Pats intercepted on a bad play hence Pats played better an won as a result... No luck involved.

I wanna be an armchair quarterback too.

Firstly, I wanna say it was a GREAT game, and as in all truly great games, if the loser didn't play so well, the winners would not have played so well to get the win.

So, gratz to both teams.

I don't agree with what is being said by most about the last play. There was ONE timeout left, which means that in reality, you only get ONE running play, maybe..MAYBE 2. So, at least ONE try has to be a passing play.

Therefore, is it surprising they would try and make it a surprise?

From my armchair, I actually expected a passing play. Looks like the Patriots did too.

ALSO..and mainly, it WAS a great interception. If that had been Seattle, everyone would be talking about what a great defence they had and how they "stole" the game with a great play. So why don't the Patriots get the same credit? I say they earned that interception. That guy came out of nowhere on a quick pass.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. Seattle and Wilson wouldn't BE in the Superbowl if not for this very same "style" of play, which has had way more success that failure. They just got beat on THAT play.

EVERY GREAT CONTEST HAS TO HAVE A LOSER.

My turn.

The Patriots don't get any respect because of all the reasons you would think.

Spygate, Deflategate, Bill Belichiks past treatment of media at press conferences, Aaron Hernadez (yeah that too).

They neatly went undefeated at one time. Only loss that year was in the Superbowl I think.

Give the credit where credit is due. They may not be a great team, but they were one play better than the Sea Hawks this season 15-4 is better than 14-5.

Hey... my kid wears his Gronkowski jersey proudly. I'm glad for him. His team won.

I don't think the decision to pass was as bad as a lot of people make it out. Like some others have pointed out, they really didn't have time to run 3 times. But, they could have put Lynch in the backfield to at least fake the run. The main thing is that guy Butler made a great play, plus the other Patriot came up and jammed the pick play which made Butler's play possible. If they would have guessed wrong, Seattle probably would have scored and everyone would be saying what a brilliant play they called. There was still a slight glimmer of hope for SEA to win if they forced a Safety, since NE had almost no room to take a knee outside the End Zone. Then they could have gotten ball back and had 1 or 2 chances for a lucky plays. But when that guy jumped Offsides it really put the nail in the coffin because Pats moved up 5 yards.

I am not a NE fan, but kind of found myself rooting a little for them. I'm not even sure why. Especially after that freaky lucky catch by SEA. I mean, give Keasre credit for holding on to it, but it was sheer luck that it dropped right to him on the ground. How many games have the Pats lost because of freak plays like that? (remember David Tyree catching a ball that stuck against his helmet?) As much as it annoys me to see Brady and Bellichick winning another SB, I have to admit it was a great game by both teams.

I don't think the decision to pass was as bad as a lot of people make it out. Like some others have pointed out, they really didn't have time to run 3 times. But, they could have put Lynch in the backfield to at least fake the run. The main thing is that guy Butler made a great play, plus the other Patriot came up and jammed the pick play which made Butler's play possible. If they would have guessed wrong, Seattle probably would have scored and everyone would be saying what a brilliant play they called. There was still a slight glimmer of hope for SEA to win if they forced a Safety, since NE had almost no room to take a knee outside the End Zone. Then they could have gotten ball back and had 1 or 2 chances for a lucky plays. But when that guy jumped Offsides it really put the nail in the coffin because Pats moved up 5 yards.

I am not a NE fan, but kind of found myself rooting a little for them. I'm not even sure why. Especially after that freaky lucky catch by SEA. I mean, give Keasre credit for holding on to it, but it was sheer luck that it dropped right to him on the ground. How many games have the Pats lost because of freak plays like that? (remember David Tyree catching a ball that stuck against his helmet?) As much as it annoys me to see Brady and Bellichick winning another SB, I have to admit it was a great game by both teams.

This... [thumbup] Couldn't have said it better...

My opinion, uninformed as it is (I'm a baseball guy); last Sunday, the Patriots were the better team, and the better team won. And that's as it should be.

Anyway, I like Belichick, and I like Brady, and I like the Patriots. Down here, deep in the heart of Texas, I catch a lot of flack from Cowboys fans. One of my best friends, for over 45 years, had for years given me crap about the way Belichick treats the media. I finally told him this season, "Look, you cranky old ba$tard, if YOU were an NFL coach, you'd be JUST LIKE Belichick." He had to stop and think a minute and admit I had him pegged. He still doesn't like Belichick, but he doesn't give me any sh!t any more.

(Pitchers and catchers report in just 12 days!)

Archived