Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Frontier FT-110 Reissue

lengle1981

I'm paraphrasing mooseguy as these come up alongside his excellente love, but the MIK frontier reissues were just ok. There were Bozeman runs of both guitars in very limited numbers that are great if you could ever find one.

Happy hunting! The frontier is probably my holy grail as well

Does anybody have any details about these? I know they were reissues obviously but were they any good? I'd absolutely love to get my hands on one of these but haven't seen them in the UK at all.

Hi Lengle 1981 I was most interested to see your interest in the 93-94 110 Frontier reissues. As rare as these are,

they come up for sale here accasionally- Try GBase on the Internet-this is strictly a dealers market place.

What you will hardly ever find are the 120 Excellente reissues made at the same time and in the same Gibson Bozeman,Montana custom shop-they only made 23 of these versus 250 Frontiers.

As an Excellente collector, I own 3 of these. They are beautifully made,great looking and great sounding guitars.Although made in the same shop and same years as the 110s - these particular guitars are much superior. Look in this same Epiphone Forum for a past listing titled Lost Excllentes where these guitars are discussed and specs. given.

Regards,

Moose

I'm paraphrasing mooseguy as these come up alongside his excellente love, but the MIK frontier reissues were just ok. There were Bozeman runs of both guitars in very limited numbers that are great if you could ever find one.

Happy hunting! The frontier is probably my holy grail as well

Hi Cunningham 26: Thanks for your remarks regarding those Frontier reissues as this is what I have heard about them.

In fairness to their owners, they are rare, collectable and a great looking guitar.

Regrds,

Moose

The Korean Frontier was so bad AS SOON AS I opened the box I wanted to send it back. I 'phoned the Dealer & was told I couldn't return it unless there was a fault.The rope'n'cactus was just thick white paint on a pickguard at least an eighth of an inch thick.

I FOUND OUT LATER THE Montana REISSUES USED THE SAME ONES!

I eventually located & bought a '62 with rope'n' cactus & small headstock.

The Korean Excellente is a different story.I have a sunburst & a natural.Cannot fault them.

The Korean Frontier was so bad AS SOON AS I opened the box I wanted to send it back. I 'phoned the Dealer & was told I couldn't return it unless there was a fault.The rope'n'cactus was just thick white paint on a pickguard at least an eighth of an inch thick.

I FOUND OUT LATER THE Montana REISSUES USED THE SAME ONES!

I eventually located & bought a '62 with rope'n' cactus & small headstock.

The Korean Excellente is a different story.I have a sunburst & a natural.Cannot fault them.

El Capitano: I agree with you about the Korean Excellentes-The more I play mine (which is all the time)the better I

like them.Hope your gigs are going well. I am anxiously waiting for your first video should you ever decide to do one.

Will be soon sending you my latest CD Hit or Miss Love A great song to send to the one who dumps you.

Regards,

Moose

Archived