Gibson Brands Forums

more pics. of my 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic

scottpaine_69

I'm really beginning to like the way they angle the bookmatched top pieces so the flames don't run straight across. Seems to add...I dunno...maybe "depth"? Oh well, whatever...Regardless, damned fine looking guitar!

Nice aren't they

• 1 month later...

Very nice!

I honestly think much of the price rise this year would have been due to the quality of wood and in particular the quality of finishing that's gone into the 2015's. Looking at how much space there is between the E string and the edge of the neck I do wonder if they could have halved the amount of extra width and still acheievd what they were looking to achieve without the result being off-putting to so many?

in any case, it looks great and hope it gives you a lifetime of enjoyment Scott.

Just noticed that myself...damn! what's the story with the empire state knobs?

Those are the same knobs everyone hated last year when they were busy hating the new strap buttons that some said ruined the look of the guitar.

Love that flame top Scott. Love that big wide neck too. Hope Gibson keeps making them. I may get a 2015 Les Paul Less Plus befor it's all over. [thumbup] I just wish they came in green.. :unsure:

Those are the same knobs everyone hated last year when they were busy hating the new strap buttons that some said ruined the look of the guitar.

Love that flame top Scott. Love that big wide neck too. Hope Gibson keeps making them. I may get a 2015 Les Paul Less Plus befor it's all over. [thumbup] I just wish they came in green.. :unsure:

Thanks! I realized last night how much I love the 2015 wider neck. I was looking at some other Guitars online and I just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger unless it's a 2015 Gibson Les Paul. I don't even want a 2014 Gibson because I like the new 2015 necks too much. I have 2 other Les Pauls (1996 Gibson Les Paul Studio, 2012 Epi ZW Les Paul) and I play them very little. I play the Epi more than I do the studio. Since I bought the new 2015 in December I haven't even touched the studio and played the Epi maybe 3 times. I know there are a lot of 2015 haters out there but the 2015 I have is by far the best playing/sounding guitar I've ever owned. I know people have issues with the wider necks but now that I own one I'm sold on the neck.

Archived