Gibson Brands Forums

My first sale!

Ryan H

Today was a great day. After much experimentation, I finally gave the prototype of the NugeFX "800" to it's new owner. Was super nerve-racking and exciting at the same time. He ended up loving it.

Here's the pedal before I gave it to him. Yes I scribbled the name on, but hey, most people pay More to have their pedal scribbled on by the maker ;). As a friend of mine said "Looks better than that sh**ty Les Paul 100 scribble on the 2015 Gibsons". (and as stated in a previous thread, RRC are the owner's initials).

iNGOwS8.jpg

And where it ended up, on his pedalboard (note the Suhr Riot on the floor, which the 800 kicked off the board ;))

10407553_10152963502655804_3726998601699696957_n.jpg?oh=a27be23dd1019fae1d041cfef2970f98&oe=554F8A14

I promise I'll get a damn sound sample to you guys at some point :P

-Ryan

Yeah man.. that's great news..

See if you can get the guy to do a video for us :) or even better if he fancies, a review...

That'll be a cool advertising tool for you too [thumbup]

Keep it up fella [thumbup]

(and im kind of jealous.. your first sale already.. you are doing good :))

Fantastic stuff, Ryan.

[thumbup]

Hand-built 'made-to-order' is a great niche to crack.

Do you know anyone with a Dumble?......Just think of the youtube clips you could make!

Seriously, though, that's fantastic; well done indeed. If you'll permit me I'll hoist a glass in your honour!

eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif

P.

Yeah man.. that's great news..

See if you can get the guy to do a video for us :) or even better if he fancies, a review...

That'll be a cool advertising tool for you too [thumbup]

Keep it up fella [thumbup]

(and im kind of jealous.. your first sale already.. you are doing good :))

Well I've got a few more to make so I'll have more chances to make demo videos in the near future.

Thanks for the support, I wish you luck with Rabswood ;)

-Ryan

Fantastic stuff, Ryan.

[thumbup]

Hand-built 'made-to-order' is a great niche to crack.

Do you know anyone with a Dumble?......Just think of the youtube clips you could make!

Seriously, though, that's fantastic; well done indeed. If you'll permit me I'll hoist a glass in your honour!

eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif

P.

Thanks Phil, much appreciated. Hoist away [thumbup].

Sadly no Dumble owners in my area. Go figure :P

-Ryan

Guest Farnsbarns

Now you've set me to thinking, I've got a bottle of Woodford Reserve! Must go get it.

Nice looking pedel bye the way!

Now, where's that bottle.

Very impressive… I'm dying to hear what it sounds like.

BTW, I love the look of it… I wouldn't change a thing... [thumbup]

The only thing I'll be doing differently in future builds is using a cleaner and more consistent labeling process, and possibly doing single-color schemes unless requested. The two-tone thing takes a lot of extra time and effort to get right, so that may require a slight upcharge.

-Ryan

iNGOwS8.jpg

Nice finish! Very sparkly. [thumbup] Where's the gut shot? I wanna see how you fit all that in there. [biggrin]

Seems like the switches might look better all the way in the black or the gold rather than on the border. Just a thought. [confused]

Nice finish! Very sparkly. [thumbup] Where's the gut shot? I wanna see how you fit all that in there. [biggrin]

Seems like the switches might look better all the way in the black or the gold rather than on the border. Just a thought. [confused]

I'll get you a gut shot of the next one. This one wasn't the prettiest I've done anyways. Not a rat's nest though.

In regards to the switches; to each his own, I like them there, and there isn't really space in the box to put them anywhere else.

-Ryan

there isn't really space in the box to put them anywhere else.

Well, it would be simple to move the paint rather than the switches, no? #-o

Anyway, seems you're hunting praise rather than suggestions... so as I said it looks really nice. You've got a lot of hours of work in there to be proud of. It must sound good since someone bought it, so keep up the great work. [thumbup]

Archived