Gibson Brands Forums

Clint and Alicia Searcy - "Wooden Ships"

Searcy

I wish!! Stills is one of my all time favorite guitar players and singers. It's easy for me to cover song by people I don't really care that much about but when I cover something from someone I consider to be one of the best I'm usually disappointed in the results.

I wish!! Stills is one of my all time favorite guitar players and singers. It's easy for me to cover song by people I don't really care that much about but when I cover something from someone I consider to be one of the best I'm usually disappointed in the results.

Yeah, that took some cojones for sure, but you guys nailed it. Nice Stills like vocal on your part and the verby Fender type sound was sweet too. [thumbup]

Yeah, that took some cojones for sure, but you guys nailed it. Nice Stills like vocal on your part and the verby Fender type sound was sweet too. [thumbup]

Thanks a lot. The fender he sounds on this one are coming from my 1964 Melody maker. After I got that guitar I sold everything I had that said fender on the headstock and had six strings.

Thanks a lot. The fender he sounds on this one are coming from my 1964 Melody maker. After I got that guitar I sold everything I had that said fender on the headstock and had six strings.

Cool. I actually meant Fendery amp sounds - I wasn't too clear there sorry. Whatever you used, amp or direct, the deep verb and sorta room-miked sound reminded me of an old Super Reverb or something. I dug it.

Cool. I actually meant Fendery amp sounds - I wasn't too clear there sorry. Whatever you used, amp or direct, the deep verb and sorta room-miked sound reminded me of an old Super Reverb or something. I dug it.

Ohhhh yea, That would be my vintage 1964 Fender Super Reverb 4X12 combo with original speakers.

Here's a picture of it.

IMG_20111218_194758.jpg

[thumbup][thumbup][biggrin]

Archived