Gibson Brands Forums

Rechargeable 9 volt batteries anyone?

daveinspain

Been using the new Taylor acoustic I bought on my last visit to Boston and every time I forget to unplug the 1/4 inch jack from the guitar the 9 volt battery gets eaten up… I don't think I have ever seen a rechargeable 9 volt, does anyone have one or can anyone recommend a good one to get… Thanks...

Guest Farnsbarns

Rechargeable cells should be used with caution in digital devices. This is because such devices are often very sensitive to being under-volted. Normal cells produce 1.5v, or multiple there of. Rechargeable cells, due to the difference in their chemistry, produce 1.2v so a 9v rechargeable battery will actually produce 8.4v. Lithium, however, produces 3.2v per cell so 9.6v is the closest you can get to 9v.

All that said, I have no recommendations on brand although I can confirm such things exist.

Well then, I guess I'll buy a box of 9 volts..

or,, don't leave that acoustic plugged in buddy!! :P:!

Anyway I use em all the time, but not in an acoustic. which if used properly last 6 mo. or better IME.

I got the charge pack and several 9 and AA's at Radio Shack. Use them in my wireless, and a few pedals (EQ, Wah pedal).

I've noticed tho,, that 9v don't really last long, I had an X2 wireless and it would eat batteries like there was no tomorrow.

the wireless I use now is a line 6 Relay which uses 2 AA and those last a very long time between charges. 9vs would last no more than a few hours, and pffft.. done...

Archived