Gibson Brands Forums

1960 gibson hummingbird

Motherofpearl

Ya he's hesitant but wants to produce his second album and needs to finance it somehow. I'll get pictures after and post for some eye candy regardless

Good idea ^

Could you send them further to me or even post them here - with permission of course. .

A year of birth mint H-bird, , , YES sirs !

Nice guitars but gotta ask what's going on with the red part of the burst on the lower bout of the Hummingbird ?

I'll ask him slim. Fp no idea! Maybe that's how it was then? Maybe someone else can anwser?

I noticed that, but was too excited to mention.

They weren't like that in the beginning and it's probably a method-error in the spray process.

I could live with it - gives the guitar personality. .

They weren't like that in the beginning and it's probably a method-error in the spray process.

I could live with it - gives the guitar personality. .

I do not think it is a screw up. My 1946 LG-2 has a similar thing going on with the finish but on the side of the lower bout. Such a sharp cutoff it looks like a black finished piece of top was spliced in. I have seen a handful of other Gibsons which have the same thing going on.

I do not think it is a screw up. My 1946 LG-2 has a similar thing going on with the finish but on the side of the lower bout. Such a sharp cutoff it looks like a black finished piece of top was spliced in. I have seen a handful of other Gibsons which have the same thing going on.

Admit there are a couple with something similar on the Bay right now - not that accentuated though.

Had to go through my Bird-archive and again found vague traces of the straight line. Still far the most had the diffuse lining.

(Talking early Birds 1960 to 64 only).

Interesting topic - maybe heavier experts will ring in. .

There's no big story behind this one unfortunately. He bought it from the original owner. So my friend bought it as a gibson lover first and as an investment. If you seen it it's almost too good to be true. The condition is amazing. The burst doesn't stand out to me like it does in the pictures. But as I too research I do find some are like that. My pal is working night shift I should have the serial number soon then I can look it up