Gibson Brands Forums

Phil Keaggy - March of the Clouds

L8_4thesh0w

I've actually noticed him fairly recently and done some research on him.

He's very good and his projects over the years had some really good music.

He's a very technically gifted musician and has a wide range of music he covers.

He's very expressionist and reminds me of a Jazz Improv guy even though he plays mainly rock and R&B kinda stuff, even with his Jazzier and classical takes on it... His take on that stuff isn't really defined well by the genres...

Phil really is a cool guy. I went to school with him, although he was a couple of years younger than me.

Many times we would get together with a few other players and jam after school or the weekends.

He was a good player back then.

That is a fairly old video, but still good.

Been a fan of him for decades. He made a really cool album from 1978 (yes...vinyl) that I still have: "The Master and The Musician", which is all instrumental but tells a story as you read the album sleeve while listening to the songs. Pretty cool.

I also understand that he is missing the first 2 portions of his middle finger on his right hand.

Wow! I don't even come close with all my extremities intact!! msp_rolleyes.gif

master-and-the-musician.jpg

definitely one of the greats. Always dig listening to him

+1000! He was recently at Sellersville Theater (town I live in) and his opening act was a VERY talented Celtic / style band. He jammed with them a little, played his set. He is extremely versatile and extremely gifted. A very humble guy too! My wife and I have seen him about 8 times now- never disappoints. He played with the bass player and another guy (Glass Harp I think)oen time we saw them and man did they ROCK!

Brian

Archived